Off Topic Wingy Thing (US Army Jet?)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Off Topic Wingy Thing (US Army Jet?) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:59 pm
    ----
XV-4 "Hummingbird"

#2: Re: Off Topic Wingy Thing (US Army Jet?) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:38 am
    ----
I imagine the USAF was monitoring progress of this threat, errrr....program with great interest.

#3: Re: Off Topic Wingy Thing (US Army Jet?) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:24 am
    ----
In the height of the cold war, the facts were hard to deny.....

The Army had more aircraft than the U S Air Force,....

And more boats than the U S Navy,....

Tall Tales one Army father proudly passed on to his Army son.....!!!?? Cool

or just plain Urban Legend ?? Rolling Eyes

Mr. Green
Don

#4: Re: Off Topic Wingy Thing (US Army Jet?) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:35 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I imagine the USAF was monitoring progress of this threat, errrr....program with great interest.

Maybe that's why it never got past the experimental phase Rolling Eyes

#5: Re: Off Topic Wingy Thing (US Army Jet?) Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:09 pm
    ----
The Army also had a A-3 "Skywarrior" and some F-3"Skynights" on inventory for experimental purposes (kept them at Holloman) and trialled the Fiat G.91 way back when. Cool

#6: Re: Off Topic Wingy Thing (US Army Jet?) Author: LeeW PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:39 pm
    ----
- Dontos
In the height of the cold war, the facts were hard to deny.....

The Army had more aircraft than the U S Air Force,....

And more boats than the U S Navy,....

Tall Tales one Army father proudly passed on to his Army son.....!!!?? Cool

or just plain Urban Legend ?? Rolling Eyes

Mr. Green
Don

The aircraft one is probably right. The army has a lot of helicopters and not a few light planes.

As for boats that's quesitonable but if you are talking about ships I think it's still the case.

-> AFV News Discussion Board