Track of the day....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#346: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:13 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
I would not have expected that but it makes sense now... anything to ingratiate ourselves to the fairer sex eh! So did it work??! Mr. Green
I let her borrow it and got a hug I did get the album back

And my Koss headphones got a lot of use too up until the family cat pooped in one of the ear cups. Don't ask how I found out... suffice to say NO CATS are allowed in Casa de Stoopy to this day.

That's the reason you've never invited me over. Laughing

In High School we had a friend who would always invite us and some girls we knew over to his house when his parents would leave town, which was quite often. A case of pimped beer, girls and his Dark Side of The Moon album...Good times.

Have always been a fan of Bowie and when he passed away I was on YouTube looking up videos. Came across this one with David Gilmour which was pretty cool. www.youtube.com/watch?v=hODALOTiH6A

#347: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:14 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Either this or Ventures in Space.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...euce_Coupe

I had a number of 45's before that, though, and this one album when I was about 9....I still have a copy! Below is just a portion of a full album adventure, including a moon or mars landing and, well, life on another planet. This was about '58 so there had been no manned spaceflight by anyone at this time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxUYao9nu8

And amazingly, decades later, the two genres are being united as more and more Surf bands start using sound bytes from albums like that as well as the occasional B-grade 50's SciFi movie as intros, outros and middle segments of their songs.

It's like you saw it comin' a mile away, man!

That space adventure is pure gold, Imma listen to it later tonight...

#348: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:08 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

Either this or Ventures in Space.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...euce_Coupe

I had a number of 45's before that, though, and this one album when I was about 9....I still have a copy! Below is just a portion of a full album adventure, including a moon or mars landing and, well, life on another planet. This was about '58 so there had been no manned spaceflight by anyone at this time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxUYao9nu8

And amazingly, decades later, the two genres are being united as more and more Surf bands start using sound bytes from albums like that as well as the occasional B-grade 50's SciFi movie as intros, outros and middle segments of their songs.

It's like you saw it comin' a mile away, man!

That space adventure is pure gold, Imma listen to it later tonight...

Sadly, only the first side is uploaded on youtube, but the poster has the whole album available to stream or download as zip. All the excitement is to be found on the "B" side!. You gotta' love "Colonel" Erhardts voice!

www.kiddierecords.com/...ndex_1.htm

#349: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:47 am
    ----
"Little Deuce Coupe" as a kid would I listen to the Beach Boys LP my Father had, along with all those 45's you mentioned with an assortment of Musicians.

As for "Adventures in Sound and Space", I can swear I have listened to it somewhere but can't remember where. Maybe in Elementary School, there was a friend who was big into SciFi but it does seem very similiar and a decade before its time...very cool for any Starry eyed youngster.

#350: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:35 pm
    ----
So usually (and maybe this is TMI) when I hit the hay I plug my earbuds into a little tablet PC that I keep by my bed, go on YouTube and find something relaxing to listen to. I figured what better than to take a nice relaxing adventure into outer space with that recording.

Boy was I wrong! Those guys know how to build some tension I tell ya. The ol' gruff Chief almost reminds me of Humphrey Bogart as Captain Queeg but without the insanity. I got a kick out of the pre-NASA-program terminology like how many "gravs" they were experiencing. Great stuff.

Next stop - The Space Platform!!!!

#351: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:26 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

Next stop - The Space Platform!!!!

I hope while you were there, you perused many of the other fine recordings, if only to appreciate the album covers! "Sing with Marcy" should get you nodding right off, or send you running for the porcelin throne.

I'm sure you now have many hours of relaxing bedtime listening to plug into. Laughing

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

#352: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:30 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
"Little Deuce Coupe" as a kid would I listen to the Beach Boys LP my Father had, along with all those 45's you mentioned with an assortment of Musicians.

As for "Adventures in Sound and Space", I can swear I have listened to it somewhere but can't remember where. Maybe in Elementary School, there was a friend who was big into SciFi but it does seem very similiar and a decade before its time...very cool for any Starry eyed youngster.

I acquired all my own 45's, classics like "Does your chewing gum lose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight", "Midnight Mary", Ray Stevens "A-hab the A-rab" and many fine original Motown, Stax and Decca recordings.

Due to our age difference, all my dad's recording were 78's, typically big band Tommy Dorsey stuff and the like. Plus some torch singers. I gave all those to my older cousin who collects antique radios and record players.

#353: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:49 pm
    ----
Nothing to see here folks.....move along.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfPwtUTP4k

#354: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:43 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

That is one of the coolest things I've ever heard! Laughing

#355: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
- JG300-Ascout

That is one of the coolest things I've ever heard! Laughing

Look around at some of his other videos. His version of Leonard Cohens "Hallelujah" consistently generates comments about how none of the other versions compare and how many are moved to tears.

His real name is Mike Geier and he stands 6'8". Like Blue Man Group, when he appears as Puddles, he never comes out of character and never speaks.

#356: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:37 am
    ----
Yea, I was checking out his Roger Miller cover which was pretty cool. His voice kinda reminds me of Junior Brown.

His cover of "Space Oddity" is hilarious. He acts out both Major Tom And Ground Control. Notice his name tag changes back and forth. Laughing

#357: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:19 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
Yea, I was checking out his Roger Miller cover which was pretty cool. His voice kinda reminds me of Junior Brown.

Hell, I was thoroughly convinced that it was Junior Brown. Had the deadpan drawl nailed perfectly. Crazy!

#358: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:44 pm
    ----
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIvNe569Q9g

Petty & Shandling, appears to be around 05' or 06'.

Pretty cool video. Some of the comments were just banter or in jest but kind of eerie considering they are both gone.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum