Track of the day....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#61: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:24 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Hey I dug (and yes, definitely related to) "Perfectly Good Guitar"...I saw Ritchie Blackmore do the swing-around-by-the-neck-and destroy-thing to a perfectly nice white Fender Strat at the end of a Rainbow concert back in the early 80's, what a frikkin' waste. Dug both JH songs as a matter of fact. Catchin' up to the rest...

But, seems to be a bad link on the thing-that-shall-not-be-mentioned tune?

EDIT: And the Loudon Wainwright song? KICKED @SS!!!!!!

Whhht--TSSSHHH!!!! (is that a hint that the ol'lady was ramroddin' the move? ..... "I've had that ashtray for 15 years"....LMAO!!!!)

I don't know what the "thing-that-shall-not-be-mentioned" song was. From the time of the post, it looks like one of my Wild Turkey and Ambien fugue states had kicked in, so I don't remember what it was supposed to be.

I have combed Youtube for Hiatt's "Wreck of the Barbie Ferrari", which is an absolute hoot, but so far, no joy. Evil or Very Mad

Consolation track:

From his second album, "Greenhouse", where his fantastic version of "In Christ There Is No East Or West" can be found. His touch on the instrumental part of this song is modulated incredibly.

"Tiny Island"

Bonus, bonus. Something a little more upbeat from Leo....

Airproofing

#62: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:46 pm
    ----
"Wreck of the Barbie Ferrari" ?????

Gotta hear it now....LMAO!

#63: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:57 am
    ----
Scottish Clan music put to a different purpose.....closer to my "down home" experience than bears scrutiny here. Wink

"I learned a thing or two from Charlie, don't you know...."

#64: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:04 am
    ----
Get up, stand up, double to the door....

#65: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm
    ----
Here's one I saw, has been with us a long time and did a lot to "popularize" jazz. One heck of a funky bass solo in here, too, BTW.

"Wade in the Water, Hang on Sloopy, In Crowd" live at Montreal '80

#66: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:40 am
    ----
Brittney, J-Lo, Christina, and Hanna....eat your hearts out...you don't know the first damn thing about sexy..

Mary Travers and her accommpanists....

...this is smokin' hot. You're just pretenders.

#67: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:36 am
    ----
Finally, somebody uploaded the Deep End Live version.

Listen to how this one builds with the bass and David Sanborn's solo's. Or, you can....

Save It For Later

...and the studio version has some interesting overtones to it as well (piano and harp?):

From White City

#68: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:47 am
    ----
No one appears to be having more fun here than the girls. That one at the 2:33 is like Jamie Lee Curtis (with no chest).

Posted this before, but it's always worth a re-visit....

Tear it up, Girl!

#69: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:11 am
    ----
Maybe not the prettiest, but without a doubt THE sexiest woman in rock and roll, EVER. Period.

And I'll buy the Cadillac if that's what it takes....

I love it when you talk dirty like that!

...and from a few years earlier...

On Letterman. Stop it!

#70: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:29 pm
    ----
So, let's say you're seventeen years old (Tony Williams) or twenty-two (Herbie Hancock) and you get a phone call asking you if you can drop by about 1:30 on Friday to play with Miles and Coltrane....(it's Wynton Kelly on piano in this version, taped later)

So What?

#71: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:00 am
    ----
Strange guitar tunings and clarinet solo...Lots of power here nonetheless.

Cold Blue Steel and Sweet Fire

Tom Scott was allowed to really tear up the solo on the live "Miles of Aisles" album, but this version is good too.

#72: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 am
    ----
A great version, from a peak era...

He Played Real Good....For Free...

#73: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:51 am
    ----
Two-fers....

Smokin', smokin', SMOKIN'....HOT!

With a voice that rivals...dare I say it....Grace Slick, for sheer power.

Stop Your Fussin'

#74: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:03 am
    ----
Credit given are imcomplete...the honky-tonk piano is Bill Payne of Little Feat.

Fanstastic song.....

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

#75: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:08 am
    ----
All that talent and 2 of 4 off themselves before they really ever had a chance....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C53QAuOoSgc

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum