Here's a strange one for you...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Here's a strange one for you... Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:36 am
    ----
What's wrong with this pic?

#2: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:12 am
    ----
No conventional exhausts and no CBSS bulge. Like an M60A1E2 turret on an M60x Hull, or even M48 "0" hull(I worrry about the track support rollers and I'd like a front view for cofirmatitiionpf hull confituration.

Was this a "lash up" for display, or a real vehicle, as shown?

#3: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:16 am
    ----
I have no idea. Got the pic from a thread on another site. I'd say it's an A2 turret on a M48 or M48A1 hull.

#4: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:48 pm
    ----
Probably just an old turret sitting on an old hull. When I did the recovery portion of AOB, there were several A2 turrets on various junk hulls. When I did the full ISR range inspection in 2006, the old Wilson range area had a dozen or so A2 turrets just sitting around.

#5: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:49 pm
    ----
Don't forget the Valley Station VFW 'Franken-tank' named "Buford"

Seems to be a similiar combination

Don

#6: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:23 pm
    ----
Is it this? I'm deleting these. They are just adding to the confusion...

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:46 pm
    ----
nope my pics aren't it sorry bout that. but i'll leave em. Don's are closer to being it..

#8: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:53 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
Is it this?

Don't think so, that one has a proper engine deck area unlike either of the other two. Also has a "blank" were the searchlight mount would go, but the hole in the turret there means it was on somebody's mind. The other turrets seem to have had one mounted at some time)

I'll take a guess that AJ's is an M60A1E2 (no angle to see CBSS bulge by, but it's got a big bore evacuator).

#9: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:10 pm
    ----
doug what side do you need to see?

#10: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:22 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
doug what side do you need to see?

Rear view is always nice, especially if it includes lower rear hull below grill doors.

I doubt this one has CBSS, however.

#11: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    ----
What is CBSS? I deleted these also...............

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:24 pm
    ----
EDITED:

AJ

The vehicle that you posted the photos, are not the same as the Vehicle at Valley Station (and which seems REAL close to the one in the beginning)

I'll omit my photos so not too confuse more than might already be......

Don

Last edited by Dontos on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

#13: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:29 pm
    ----
I dropped over to Valley Station I believe you are right.

#14: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:03 am
    ----
Shocked
Cool

Last edited by Dontos on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: Here's a strange one for you... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:56 am
    ----
Don,
Between yours and AJ's two sets of pics, I think we've got three different vehicles here in the last few posts. AJ's first and second set are not the same vehicle, and neither appears to be the one from right-front quarter view you posted. This is getting confusing.

-> AFV News Discussion Board