MASH tv show-- any armor ever?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:48 am
    ----
One of the cable channels had the 3 hour final episode on today. I didnt see much of it but I heard a reference to a tank, the Colonel was trying to get it out of the 4077th...
In the tv show MASH, did they ever have armor of any kind ever make an appearance. It seems that one episode had a wounded GI drive himself to the 4077th in a tank? Was that in the final 3 hour episode?
Just wondering if they had any afv content and if so what did they use...
they always had a mix of soft skins...
SR

#2: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:26 am
    ----
Posted in error Please delete

Last edited by west-front on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:59 am
    ----
Extremely vague recolection of m3 in an episode where an 0-6 had been treated for VD and lent it for sniper suppression.

#4: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:34 pm
    ----
There is an episode where a wounded tank crew drives to the MASH. The tank draws attention to the MASH and they start taking fire. Hawkeye eventually drives the tank out of sight and quips "Someone had to take out the trash".

Towards the top of the quotes page, there is the exchange about the tank. I'll try to findo out which episode it is and what type of tank.
MASH quotes

Last edited by Sabot on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:58 pm
    ----
Found the episode: Hey, Doc
The finale had the crashed tank. I found this in wikipedia on the farewell episode:
The tank that was driven into the compund was a Patton tank, but when Hawkeye drives the same tank into the trash dump he drove a Sherman tank.

#6: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:28 pm
    ----
- JWB2
Extremely vague recolection of m3 in an episode where an 0-6 had been treated for VD and lent it for sniper suppression.

Couldn't have been Col. Flagg, he always came in and out like....the wind. Wink

#7: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:42 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Couldn't have been Col. Flagg, he always came in and out like....the wind. Wink

Don't forget that 'the wind,....has a broken arm'. Cool

The M24 episode where Frank runs over Col Potters jeep is classic. Especially when Col Potter then shots the crushed jeep with the M1911A1. (ala the classic Bill Mauldin Cartoon from WWII)

Don

#8: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:51 pm
    ----
- Dontos
The M24 episode where Frank runs over Col Potters jeep is classic. Especially when Col Potter then shots the crushed jeep with the M1911A1. (ala the classic Bill Mauldin Cartoon from WWII)

Don

Recall that Col. Sherman Potter was an old horse cavalryman who usually wore his campaign hat, if any. Rolling Eyes

#9: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:51 am
    ----
Used to watch that show regularly when I was young (Pre-Army)

I then started watching it regularly with my Wife (She loved it) on TV land and other rerun channels.

Funny how your perspective on things change, Never caught the very liberal anti military undertones in some episodes before. I still like the show and most (90+%) IMOP are very good and very entertaining, but there are those few that are kinda over the top political platforms for Alan Alda.

I think it was the final episode where they filmed half in the States and half in ROK where Hawkeye takes the tank to the dump. Initially it's an M24, then when he takes it away it's a Sherman.

BTW, I always thought Loretta Swit was hot

#10: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:52 am
    ----
The VD episode was titled “Hey, Doc”. It was episode in which Burns runs over the jeep.

www.tv.com/mash/hey-do...mmary.html

#11: Re: MASH tv show-- any armor ever? Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:25 pm
    ----
Cool! Thanks for the info. One can catch reruns or rent most of the seasons. Looking up Hey Doc, it is season four.

My dad watched the show, as I kid it was just an army show. I dont think I even realized it was funny or dramatic. Back then I would have even realized that my dad had been cared for in a MASH unit. I remember playing with my army men on the floor in front of my grandma's t.v., would have aired on a Friday evening then. I had one of those choppers and trucks and jeeps.
SR

-> AFV News Discussion Board