Patton Museum Postcards
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Patton Museum Postcards Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:19 pm
    ----

[img]http://www.com-central.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10924/patton%7E2.jpg[/img]

#2: Re: Patton Museum Postcards Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:22 pm
    ----
Cool stuff!

Thanks Mark

#3: Re: Patton Museum Postcards Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:22 pm
    ----
Here's some more. Found these at Ancestry.com:
[img]http://www.com-central.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10924/1%7E1.jpg[/img]

#4: Re: Patton Museum Postcards Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:22 pm
    ----
The PX:
www.com-central.net/mo.../6%7E0.jpg

Last edited by MarkHolloway on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Patton Museum Postcards Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:24 pm
    ----
I was at Knox when they tore that building down (the old museum),

Last use was the "Breech Lab". Had movable terrain boards that took up almost the size of a Football field. Used the GHQ metal miniatures. Army name for those wargames was "Dun Kempf" IIRC.

Nice find Mark

#6: Re: Patton Museum Postcards Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:01 pm
    ----
Much coolness! Can make out Waybur Theatre (seen many a movie there) and the Armor Boad and Heard Motor Park are visible in one further down.
I'd never seen the "new" Patton museum before '06, only knew the way it was in '71-'73.

#7: Re: Patton Museum Postcards Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:03 pm
    ----

Crittenburger building is still there, the housing area is now Keyes Park. The Patton Museum is currently off to the left, from the little white building on the left center of the post card image.

I never knew that area was a housing area.

Really Cool Stuff
Don

#8: Re: Patton Museum Postcards Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:32 pm
    ----
It just dawned on me, Dontos. That's just a big, empty field now! I used to go walk there in the mornings. Plenty of streets but no buildings!

-> AFV News Discussion Board