Hmmmmm........ a new combat sim y'say......
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Hmmmmm........ a new combat sim y'say...... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:45 am
    ----
Here's something interesting....anyone seen this yet? "Rise Of Flight", a brand new WWI Air Combat sim that was released just this last week. Appears to be extremely heavily geared toward online action.

riseofflight.com/

Impressive footage showing up on Youtube & such.....

Trailer:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-0ImSpQhw

Duel:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLvhny6BjwU

Tracers:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpeF-PIhOWU

Lighting:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmkhdCbqF0

Clouds:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFvXcVA1uTU

#2: Re: Hmmmmm........ a new combat sim y'say...... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:51 am
    ----
Yeah, but did they dogfight over Interlaken and Barcelonette? I think not!

Have you tried it yet? We want a review.

Presumably, you're full-time IL-2, which was just too complicated for me to obtain and deal with all the stuff to get it functional, so I skipped it.

#3: Re: Hmmmmm........ a new combat sim y'say...... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:02 am
    ----
I agree, actually I want a review myself...what I've read has been mixed so far, what makes me nervous is the minimum system requirements - multicore CPU and also I heard that it requires a net connection to even launch and fly stand-alone. Also, not widely available yet. I might get it, perhaps, we'll see, and if I do rest assured I'll yak all about it.

Yep if I were flying anything it would be IL2 and FSX but to be honest I haven't fired either up in quite a while, schedule has been hectic. Oh, OK, coincidentally I did fire up IL2 for the first time in several months, just last weekend and flew it again yesterday...a fact which is evident in my pathetic stats on the Zekes vs Wildcats server, which is the only one I ever fly....
www.warbirdsofprey.org...p?id=17647

With that much rust, maybe going back to biplanes is just what the doctor ordered...we'll see. Hey if nothing else, the clip with the explosions is a lotta fun to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63KW_EQ72yU

#4: Re: Hmmmmm........ a new combat sim y'say...... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:58 am
    ----
Sounds cool...minus all the restrictions.

The speed of the Bi-plane would give me more time to think before opening up on Stoopy. Wink

#5: Re: Hmmmmm........ a new combat sim y'say...... Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:58 pm
    ----
Lots of great looking explosions though I am about a year away from a multi core cpu

#6: Re: Hmmmmm........ a new combat sim y'say...... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:33 pm
    ----
I think at this point it's not even clear where to buy the thing....Amazon.com never works for me, I drive up and down main street all day and can't find their storefront.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum