The Netherlands AFV Registers
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:53 pm
    ----
He is back again, for the third time in a row

Before the last black-out Mr. Green some one asked if he could get an copy of The Netherlands AFV register to put the info in he had

Who was it Confused

Also, I could find the first 3 page's of the original NL AFV register and made an local copy of it.
If some one is interested in this, I could copy-paste the content into an next post.

So Neil and Lesly, I still got your lists

Michel

#2: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:44 am
    ----
" some one asked if he could get an copy of The Netherlands AFV register to put the info in he had"

it was me !!

P-O

#3: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:24 pm
    ----
A Landsverk restoration project in Netherland:

www.landsverk-m38.nl/index.htm

#4: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:17 pm
    ----
A Landsverk restoration project in Netherland:

www.landsverk-m38.nl/index.htm

good find, I did not no know we had an second Landverk in The Netherlands
I only knew the one at the Cavalry museum at Amersfoort

#5: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:18 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

The Netherlands AFV register is starting to look like an real list now.

However I will need some help with some of the equipment that was listed in the original list Neil has send.
The unknown vehicle's are the one's that where at military installations, I'm not military so I can not check them.
These unknown vehicle's are part of the register, so modifications can be made.

I know P-O asked for the preliminary list, are there others who would like to check/add before going "live" ??

If there are several people interrested, I could send several copies and combine all the reply's into the "master"

Michel

#6: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:28 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
The unknown vehicle's are the one's that where at military installations, I'm not military so I can not check them.

well, I'm not a military too, but for the France AFVs register, I had to get information regarding tanks preserved in military areas.

These information came from the Internet (modeller forums, semi-official military forums etc..) and from visits to military bases during open-doors days or reports from such events. I also try to see "what's inside" by looking "behind the fence" (sometimes the vehicles can be seen from the outside), but that may be quite problematic if a military asks what you are doing/looking at there..

best,

P-O

#7: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:29 pm
    ----
Michel,

by the way, did you find the exact location of a M22 Locust "stored somewhere in the Netherlands" ?

P-O

#8: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:58 pm
    ----
[quote="the_shadock"]
- Michel_Krauss
I also try to see "what's inside" by looking "behind the fence" (sometimes the vehicles can be seen from the outside), but that may be quite problematic if a military asks what you are doing/looking at there..

best,

P-O

This approach will usually serve quite well.... Wink

"We are looking for....."

#9: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:23 pm
    ----
The problem with most of the military installations in The Netherlands is that posting at the fence will not work.

The only visible part of an military installation is the main acces gate and maybe something that is passing by.

Here you have the fence and then they have planted half an tropical rain forest between the fence and barracks Rolling Eyes

And because The Netherlands is an very flat country with no hills or mountains, half the planted rain forest is enough to shield the base for curious eyes.

P-O, concerning the M22 Locust.
So far I did not find the exact location of it, however this tank is part of the collection of the Royal Army Museum Delft.
And because it is not in the collection in Delft, it probably will be in one of the museum depot.
Even the M22 Locust website doesn't know where it is.

Michel

#10: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
P-O, concerning the M22 Locust.
So far I did not find the exact location of it, however this tank is part of the collection of the Royal Army Museum Delft.
And because it is not in the collection in Delft, it probably will be in one of the museum depot.
Even the M22 Locust website doesn't know where it is.

Michel

anyway it confirms 2 things.
It is confirmed to be in Netherlands, and it is part of the Royal Army Museum Delft (I was not sure about this).

thanks for your reply !!

P-O

#11: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:36 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

This approach will usually serve quite well.... Wink

"We are looking for....."

well,

Mr. Green thanks for the link

the only nuclear wessels I'm looking for, are these ones :

P-O

#12: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:26 am
    ----
P-O

that picture make's me wonder about the list you have about AFV in The Netherlands Wink Wink

Because an nuclear wessels on a AMX-30 chassis is not something that is part of the inventory in the Dutch museums.

Unless you are planning to exchange it for an YP-408, we have some spare's left.

Michel

#13: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 pm
    ----
P-O

I have some additional information about the collection of the Army Museum Delft.
Apparently I'm still missing some of the bits and pieces there.
For example, they have 2 Flakpanzer Cheetah instead of 1.

Both sites listed below are Dutch only!!

First link is to the complete collection of 3D objects, 3D meaning everything that is not paper.

www.collectie.legermus...08237.html

Second link is about the M22 Locust

www.collectie.legermus...iatheek&q=

Michel

#14: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:06 pm
    ----
Okay, I did some research today with an friend and we have not found the M22 yet, but we did find something else.

The Dutch Army Museum in Delft will close it's doors in 2011.
It will move to an new location, being the former (US) airforce base Soesterberg.

They are building there an complete new museum.
This museum will be an combo from the former Army Museum Delft and the Airfoce museum already based at the Soesterberg airbase.

According the plans it will open in 2013.

Because of the closing of the museum they started moving the vehicle's from various depots to an new central depot at Soesterberg.

There are some picture's of the vehicle's at this new depot and the M22 is not on 1 of them.
However there is 1 another central military museum depot at Maaldrift, Wassenaar.

So most likely the vehicle is still at that depot.

Michel

#15: Re: The Netherlands AFV Registers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:15 pm
    ----
Now for the guy's who are interrested in the depot Soesterberg

An link to the site (again Dutch only) however with picture's of the vehicles there

www.legermuseum.nl/leg...01071.html

For all my fans Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing below the text translate to English.

At the opening of the depots were plans for the new museum explained.
The new museum is a merging of the Army Museum in Delft and the Military Aviation Museum in Soesterberg, and opens its gates in 2013 on the former airbase Soesterberg.
At the museum the meaning of the armed forces in societies past, present and future is made clear in an innovative, public-oriented and interactive manner.
At the museum there is going to be a large outdoor area for exhibits and events.
The depot is in the last few months already filled with a variety of special vehicles.

Mr. Green

-> AFV News Discussion Board