M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:58 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Found this vehicle on Monday. It has Yugo type head light armor and an extention of the lower engine compartment to make room for the T54/55 power pack.
Serial Number on a rear tow lug is 1095.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#2: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:21 am
    ----
Roy

could you post / send some more picture's of this vehicle?

I am curious to know what other modifications have been made to get the T54/55 engine in

Michel

#3: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:29 pm
    ----
Hi Michel! Hi Folks!

- Michel_Krauss

could you post / send some more picture's of this vehicle?

I am curious to know what other modifications have been made to get the T54/55 engine in
Michel

This is the only other photo I have of the rear area. I am not sure one can see any changes to the top of the engine deck.
If I get a chance, I will try to get a shot of the top engine deck.
[img][/img]

Other shots
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Hope you find something helpful here.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 pm
    ----
Roy

The modifications are perhaps primarily interior to the engine compartment.

Regards
Don

#5: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:05 pm
    ----
Roy,

thanks for the additonal picture's Smile
If you get one of the engine deck, that would be great

Concerning the inside of the engine bay, that will be the big mistery I think Wink

Michel

#6: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:13 pm
    ----
That particular vehicle is missing a few things - the exhaust deflectors are the most obvious. Its obviously on its way to be converted back to its original state.

BTW whatever happened to that M36B1 that was found in Iraq? Last I heard was that the Iraqis were trying to stop it being stolen sorry exported.

#7: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:29 pm
    ----
I think that what happend to the M36B1 will the same as what happend to the hybrid M36 turret-M4 hull

they have been exported

apparently the hybrid M36-M4 was travelling in the direction of Poland on an Polish tank transporter.... Mr. Green

#8: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:13 pm
    ----
This looks like a M36B2. The M36B1 had the M4 lower hull and the M36 turret.

#9: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:34 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Here is a shot of the top of the engine deck.
[img][/img]
Took a good close look around this one last Monday. It has numbers stamped all over it. The right front light guard is welded over two sets of numbers. I could make out 11030 over 575A. On the left side, almost at the front is A368. On both sides where the RN is painted, there are a bunch of numbers and a few letters.

Follow up spot report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#10: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:55 pm
    ----
Roy.

thanks for the picture of the engine deck

I'm not an expert, however it seams to me it is the "standard" M36 cover

Somehow an little disappointing Neutral

Michel

#11: Re: M36 Yugo TD, New at Ft Bliss, Nu 15 Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:26 am
    ----
A368 in the front left corner is a Fisher identifier. The vehicles they produced had a sequence number with a type letter prefix. The M10 and M4A3(75) should have them as well.

This indicates that this M36 was converted from the 368th M10A1 built by Fisher, which ought to be S/N 8351, +/-. As M36 S/N 1095, it would have been converted by ALCO and should have R/N 40191934.

KL

-> AFV News Discussion Board