Sort of OT but a question of the Group
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:31 am
    ----
Hey all

I am developing an idea which might be of interest if I am given the 'go ahead'.

Would there be interest if an occassional live streaming video was available to observe work on a certain historic tank??

I'm toying with the idea, sound interesting??

Let me know
Don

#2: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:06 am
    ----
I'd be interested in looking at it. Would be fun to watch the progress.

#3: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:11 am
    ----
Yes Sir, that would be great!

#4: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:18 am
    ----
Some folks may need to invest in waterproof keyboards if you do.

They will be drooling over them as they watch the video!!!! Wink

#5: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:38 am
    ----
Not to rain on the parade but,....

the typical work session tends to be rather non-eventful. You know,... loosening bolts, the never ending searches for the proper tool which eludes discovery, only to be found in ones back pocket.... Rolling Eyes

However, there are still a number of tasks which will foster interest.

Track removal & suspension removal are the next step, along with the removal of the remaining debris in the hull floor is the focus for the 'New Year'.

Cool
Don

#6: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:39 am
    ----
Don,

The possibility of certain topic-relevant video links has come up in the Moderator's Forum and it was advanced by an administrator of the site. Please PM me your idea and I'll float it there and see what the folks upstairs think. I'd also like to know what members at large think, but suspect that the response would be overwhelmingly positive.

This is very timely, please elaborate (in private, if you prefer, and I'll forward).

D.

#7: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:44 am
    ----
Like watching someone build a house, there are only a few steps that look impressive. The rest is tedious and too detailed to hold most people's interest.

#8: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:54 am
    ----
- Dontos
Not to rain on the parade but,....

the typical work session tends to be rather non-eventful. You know,... loosening bolts, the never ending searches for the proper tool which eludes discovery, only to be found in ones back pocket.... Rolling Eyes
Don

Two words: film editting. Laughing

#9: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:28 am
    ----
Actually it might be more interesting doing a live re-assembly. You would have everything set up and ready to go.

#10: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:08 am
    ----
- JWB2
Actually it might be more interesting doing a live re-assembly. You would have everything set up and ready to go.

A good idea, thanks for the input.

Regards
Don

#11: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:38 pm
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
Like watching someone build a house, there are only a few steps that look impressive. The rest is tedious and too detailed to hold most people's interest.

But then again since when has anyone here thought we were Most People

Yea a lot of it is ho-hum boring but I bet there would be ho hum sections that someone would look at and see something that raises a question that starts a discussion that gets a lfe of it's own. A combination of camera on a tripod capturing everything live gathering raw material to be edited down later (maybe fed live to a web feed) and handheld mobiles concentrating on 'interesting' stuff

#12: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:57 pm
    ----
On the show 'Tool Time' they solved the bordom problem by having a sexy assistant. Don, would it be OK with you to have a skantily-clad assistant?

#13: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:59 pm
    ----
deleting double post

Last edited by MarkHolloway on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 3 times in total

#14: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:16 pm
    ----
Wow

Thats a bit more than a laptop fed webcam idea that I had in mind, but it would be cool if the means & the manpower were possible.

I'm sure that at least one hadheld video is possible as well as still photos for 'rehash editing' of discoveries and specific details.

But as I had mentioned, this is all merely a 'gee whiz' idea, that must get 'higher' approval first. I'll work on that over the weekend.

Additional ideas and possible 'tips' will still be appreciated.

Who knows,.....maybe this might work. Wink

Regard
Don

#15: Re: Sort of OT but a question of the Group Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:19 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
On the show 'Tool Time' they solved the bordom problem by having a sexy assistant. Don, would it be OK with you to have a skantily-clad assistant?

Yeah, her name is Cobra King !!!! Mr. Green

Thats about as sexy as it gets!! Laughing

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board