im a newb
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> New Members

#1: im a newb Author: Treetopflyer_DD PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:47 pm
    ----
Shocked

Hyperlobby + IL2 Dedicated Server + HP Proliant ML570 G2 (12 15k RPM SCSI & quad Xeon) = 24/7 Dogfight w/relaxed settings *** Treehouse *** 4.08m

Yay!

Last edited by Treetopflyer_DD on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: im an newb Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:48 pm
    ----
Welcome aboard

Things seem pretty quiet this morning but I'm sure more folks will pop in later.

I'm one of the treadheads that mainly hang out on the AFV discussion board (My avatar comes from my years of working on F-15s)

#3: Re: im an newb Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:11 pm
    ----
Welcome sorta split my time twixt treadhead and simflying howdy

#4: Re: im an newb Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:27 pm
    ----
Hiya Treetop!!!! Long time since The Zone days...lol. Ya'll don't be fooled.. TT is no newb...lol. Welcome back to CC. It's been awhile since u were here last and things have not changed that much except for the games we play and maybe a few names Cool . Welcome

#5: Re: im an newb Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:28 pm
    ----
HIYA TTF!

WOW, it's been a LONG TIME! How you been? Wink

Don't let Tree fool 'ya anyone, he's been around a long time and is very well known in the air combat sim arena's...

#6: Re: im an newb Author: Treetopflyer_DD PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:05 pm
    ----
damn Jerry, can't a fella get some cheap meat around here anymore?

Steam had a sale over Christmas and il2 1946 consolidated install was had for like $1.99, so i jumped all over it and installed the game again after many many years.

Homfixr ... very long time indeed Smile The memories of the seemingly neverending knife fights cqb on the zone bring a tear to the eye.

I'm gonna set up a couple more servers on this monster box. In addition to the relaxed server im planning on some racing and some dynamic campaign servers and maybe even a pro d-fighting server ... Also I am planing to deploy some, rudimentary at first ,sequel DB for persistent rank data of pilots on the server/s and also some sort of blog/forum, hopefully at com-central. All this pending on me learning all over again how to write .ini files:) (i though this stuff would get easier 10 years later) ... got a mapmaker to tag along too, you may see him in my server as Hangar300, and a good energy fighter i met on HL who goes by REMO on the servers. Feel free to shoot their wings off if you got a minute to enjoy a relaxed but challenging flying experience. See you all around weekly if not daily Smile

#7: Re: im a newb Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 am
    ----
Hiya TreeTop,

long time not seen ya mate, good to see you found your way in here Smile

#8: Re: im a newb Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:07 pm
    ----
1.99? I wish I would have seen that sale Victor, it's almost cheaper than burning a back up copy...lol

#9: Re: im a newb Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 pm
    ----
-S-

Welcome to CC TreeTop. The zone was a great time....You can still get IL-2 1946 for $9.95 at the Ubi.com digital store . A 3.4 gig download. Still a great deal for a great game.

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#10: Re: im a newb Author: Treetopflyer_DD PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Hiya TreeTop,

long time not seen ya mate, good to see you found your way in here Smile

Hi Fled ... Long time indeed ... Good to be back Smile

#11: Re: im a newb Author: Treetopflyer_DD PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
1.99? I wish I would have seen that sale Victor, it's almost cheaper than burning a back up copy...lol

Well ... you had to be johhny on the spot on steam ... since they had random deals on games for the week between christmas and new years ... with a handfull of games being sold every day for 1-2 bucks. I got DiRT and IL2 for a grand total of 3.98 Smile They also had BF2 complete catalog for 7.99 and many many others. It was a great promotion.Now we have to wait till next year for some great deals like that.

#12: Re: im a newb Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:23 pm
    ----
Someone mention trees?

KEWL!

Welcome Welcome Mr Flyer.
In accordance with established (and oft' unwritten) C-C tradition, it is customary to pass after-dinner nuts to the left (Skwirrell-wise).

#13: Re: im a newb Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:06 pm
    ----
pay no attention to the tree rat, he's got a really oversized ego Twisted Evil

#14: Re: im a newb Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:56 pm
    ----
Hey TTF..been a long time bud..good to see you here again.

#15: Re: im a newb Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:37 am
    ----
Wow! How ya been TTF? Good to see you again. Will try to hook up in IL2 for some lessons!

-> New Members