Surviving Pz 61 and Pz 68
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Still chasing Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 pm
    ----
Pz 68 M + 77717 that used to be in Frankfurt is now in Bowling De Kegel, Middelkerke (Belgium). The tank hasn't run for quite a few years, the new owner is looking to fix some mechanical problems and have it run once again.

I already updated the PDF:
www.massimocorner.com/...8_Pz61.pdf

Massimo

#32: Re: Still chasing Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:33 pm
    ----
Massimo,

The Pz 68 from ArmyCars Zwijndrecht was at the Liberty Force event at Wijk bij Duurstede

Do you have an idea about the meaning of the numbers on the engine plate behind the gun tube travelling support on the Pz 68?

The location is at the yellow box

The numbers read: 47649 = 1

Have these numbers any meaning, or are they just there for manufacturing?
Because there are also letter punch numbers at the different engine hatches, besides the cast on letters

Michel

#33: Re: Still chasing Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 pm
    ----
@Michel, I have no idea about those, sorry.

Massimo

#34: Re: Still chasing Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:27 pm
    ----
I updated both PDFs after my visit to Burgdorf. Added:

- Pz 61 M-77561
- Pz 61 cutaway
- Pz 68 M-77863
- Pz 68/88 M-78000
- Zielpanzer 68 M-77872
- Panzerartilleriekanone 68 M-0899 (the ones formerly in Thun)
- Pz 68 Erprobungsträger M-0911 (prototype for up-armoured tank)

Massimo

#35: Re: Still chasing Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:35 pm
    ----
It's the first time I see the Pz 68 Erprobungsträger, pretty cool in my opinion:

Massimo

#36: Re: Still chasing Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:39 am
    ----
Thr PzArt 68 in Burgdorf is the one whot sat in the open at Thun for many years. It's not a runner. The one at Full instead was recovered from Bière Army base, and restored to running order.

Massimo

#37: Re: Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:26 am
    ----
Got additional pictures of Pz 68s. Including a Zielpanzer 68 in Schaffausen. The PDF has been updated:
www.massimocorner.com/...g_Pz68.pdf

Massimo

#38: Re: Still chasing Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:57 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
Massimo, I'm currently sorting my Muckleburgh photos and I spotted a number stamped into the nose of their Pz 61 - is that news to you? I'm wondering if it's worth investigating as a possible serial number or other identification.

I've now possibly found something similar for Swiss Centurions. With regard to the Danbury Centurion:

- TrevorLarkum
Yes, from a quick look at the photos I can confirm the reg is "78551". It looks like the 'M' has been painted over, possibly because the label says "Centurion Tank United Kingdom".

it has "551 L" stamped into left side bazooka plates and "551 R" stamped into right side bazooka plates - I suggest that these are the last three digits of the Swiss registration number.

If so, that would mean the Swiss registration number of the Muckleburgh Centurion was M78827.

Massimo, if you're interested, perhaps you could look through your photos to see if this idea holds up?

#39: Re: Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:03 pm
    ----
I've updated both PDFs. The Pz 61 just got an additional tank (Schaffausen) plus many updated pictures:
www.massimocorner.com/...8_Pz61.pdf

More news for Pz 68. Many new pictures plus I've added the ARV and bridglayer versions, since they aren't in active service anymore:
www.massimocorner.com/...g_Pz68.pdf

Soon I should be able to add more tanks, I am still missing the bridgelayer in Wildegg and I am pretty sure there is now one in Burgdorf too.

Massimo

#40: Re: Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:33 pm
    ----
Thanks to Chris I was able to add two more bridgelayers, from Wildegg and Burgdorf.

Massimo

#41: Re: Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:23 pm
    ----
I've just added ARV and Bridgelayer from Schaffausen.
Based on my recent discussion with Chris, I wonder if I have to move the Zielpanzers into the Pz 58/61 PDF

Massimo

#42: Re: Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 am
    ----
Chris just provide better pictures of Bridgelayer from both Burgdorf and Wildegg.

Massimo

#43: Re: Still chasing Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: AFV_enthusiastLocation: Colorado, USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:09 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I can confirm there is Pz 68 in Littleton, Colorado. It's a private cllection, RN is: M-77825

Massimo

Hello,

I saw this tank on display at a metal scrap facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA in February 2011. One of the workers told me he bought it from a person in Denver, Colorado.

I believe it is still there today.

#44: Re: Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:32 pm
    ----
Thanks for the update. Do you have any picture of it?

Massimo

#45: Re: Pz 61 and Pz 68 in USA and Europe Author: AFV_enthusiastLocation: Colorado, USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:58 pm
    ----
I will take some photographs and post them.

-> AFV News Discussion Board