UK AFV Register
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: UK AFV Register Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 pm
    ----
I'am very interested in the serials of the following tanks;

T-34/85s
T-54A (I only have a part of the sn, 540.09.)
T-55AD (Iraq)
Type 59 (the one with the 105mm gun and British smoke grenade launchers
Type 69 (stored, sn and is this one former operated by Iraq or China?)

Also Leopard 1A1A2 rn and s/n

Thanks in advance
Lesley

#17: Re: UK AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:35 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
I'am very interested in the serials of the following tanks;

T-34/85s
T-54A (I only have a part of the sn, 540.09.)

The museum reports the same for the T-54M

www.tankmuseum.org/ixb...lity_type=

T-55AD (Iraq)

The museum calls that one a T-55K...

There's also the following two:

T-55 SOV/POL? ind SN 736KY4785

T-55A SOV/DDR ind SN 47WN20306; cutaway hull

Type 59 (the one with the 105mm gun and British smoke grenade launchers

The museum website hasnt acknowledged that one yet...

Type 69 (stored, sn and is this one former operated by Iraq or China?)

There's a Type 69-IIC SN B10861009

Also Leopard 1A1A2 rn and s/n

I am aware of a Leopard 1 series III prototype, and two Canadian Leopard C2 (1A5)s? I have info on the prototype, and one of the C2s...

Neil

#18: Re: UK AFV Register Author: ossie PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:13 am
    ----
hi

you might like this little lot i took 90% today.
s841.photobucket.com/a...%20museum/

i know there is another candain leo 1 and is used for displays teyre is also a intrim chieftain avre
matilda target is still workshop yard.
chally and conq still at stanley
rest i dont a reason to go into the camps so access restricted.
ossie

#19: Re: UK AFV Register Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:16 am
    ----
- bialy-r
ossie

I'm interested what vehicles the Bovington Tank Museum have in more then one example?

(fore example: Churchill MK VII AVRE have they two tanks because I have different photos)

ossie could you helped me with that?

Do you have maybe or could made a photo of Light Tank Mk IV?

Rafal

#20: Re: UK AFV Register Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:20 am
    ----
There are 3 Leopard 1s, a proto, a Canadian C2 and a German A1A2.

The other Type 69 and the L7 gun equipped Type 59 were seen in july 2003 by a collegue of me in the storage area. He told me the other Type 69 was in the public hall.

The T-72M1 is a M as far as I can see from the picture.

Regards,
Lesley

#21: Re: UK AFV Register Author: tankbarrell PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:26 am
    ----
The ATDU Ram is not one of the Museums vehicles, it was a range recovery and restored by the then CO of ATDU. The reason a Ram was chosen was availability and ISTR ATDU had an exchange Canadian Officer at the time.. I helped with the restoration and have some photos somewhere I can scan in.

#22: Re: UK AFV Register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:37 am
    ----
I'm interested in getting picturers of this RAM tank. Does it come from Salisbury?

P-O

#23: Re: UK AFV Register Author: tankbarrell PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:06 am
    ----
Yes, it was from Salisbury Plain, though I think it had previously been on Pirbright, it was a long time ago!

#24: Re: UK AFV Register Author: ossie PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:23 am
    ----
ok 4 leos aT TANK MUSEUM
2 CANDAIANS , 1XGREEN AND 1X TRICOLOUR
1 GERMAN PHROTO
1 1A2
CHURCHILL AVRE.S BELIVED TO GONE BACK TO UNITS.

#25: Re: UK AFV Register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:39 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Otherwise, other Rams in the UK I know of are: [...] the East of England Tank Museum's Ram Mk I

Neil, do you have a picture of this one? I've never heard of it since then !!

P-O

Last edited by the_shadock on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total

#26: Re: UK AFV Register Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:43 am
    ----
- tankbarrell
Yes, it was from Salisbury Plain, though I think it had previously been on Pirbright, it was a long time ago!

I believe that it is this one :

www.ramtank.ca/ramphotos2.htm

"Unknown date, Ram recovered by the British Army (ATDU Bovington) from the Pirbright range. Photo John Gillman"

P-O

#27: Re: UK AFV Register Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:04 am
    ----
Bovington have only (vehicles in more then one example / more then one of the same type):
4 Leopards

No other tanks or armoured cars?

Only those Churchills:
A22 Churchill Mk II
A22F Churchill Mk VII - ind WD No. T347848/M; last built 5
A22 Churchill Mk III AVRE - ind Runner
Churchill Toad
Churchill ARK
Churchill Dynamomter

#28: Re: UK AFV Register Author: ossie PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 pm
    ----
churchill ark belive to be a gun tank ramps still in bovington yard
churchill toad in USA

#29: Re: UK AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:14 pm
    ----
- ossie
hi

you might like this little lot i took 90% today.
s841.photobucket.com/a...%20museum/

Many thanks Ossie!

Can anyone identify this Sherman model?

Thanks,

Neil

#30: Re: UK AFV Register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:20 pm
    ----
- tankbarrell
The ATDU Ram is not one of the Museums vehicles, it was a range recovery and restored by the then CO of ATDU. The reason a Ram was chosen was availability and ISTR ATDU had an exchange Canadian Officer at the time.. I helped with the restoration and have some photos somewhere I can scan in.

tankbarrel,
Thanks for the info! As P-O said, any pics would be welcome, as would any markings painted on the tank - such as War Department number, name, etc. Naturally if its from the original data plate that would be great!

Also, what happened to the Chieftain AVRE that was on display there! And can you help with what is on display where at the Camp, and help differentiate those from in-service vehicles on my list?

Thanks!

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

-> AFV News Discussion Board