American Made RPG-7
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: American Made RPG-7 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:37 pm
    ----
M3 MAAWS (Multi-role Anti-Armor Anti-personnel Weapon System)

www.defensereview.com/...-launcher/

#2: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 pm
    ----
I think the trigger housing with pistol grip needs to trade places with the vertical forearm grip. Can't see how it would work as is.

#3: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:27 pm
    ----
This looks like somebodies idea of a joke taken on the kitchen floor with some RPG and a lot of M4 clone parts. Manufactures don't usually promote products with someone's toes sticking into the frame.

I'm less concerned with the grip placement (all the weight of a loaded RPG-7 is biased toward the front, which is why the grip and trigger mechanism is so far forward to begin with), but doubt all that would be necessary in the first place (experienced users in SEA did not find them lacking in practice).

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:37 pm
    ----
Doug, That's the photo from the news article. It is pretty unprofessional though.

#5: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
Doug, That's the photo from the news article. It is pretty unprofessional though.

Incredibly so. I did look at the article and still wonder if someone isn't pulling someone's leg. Even on spec, who would be so stupid as to advance a proposal with such a garage shot?

#6: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:52 pm
    ----
Survey says.............FAKE!! Confused

(Even my 13 year old son says it looks fake, and he's REALLY into MMORPG -video gaming) Rolling Eyes

Just our humble opinions
Regards
Don

#7: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:48 am
    ----
The manufacturer has a web site: www.airtronic.net/

Specs at airtronic.net/datashee...icrpg7.pdf

#8: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:05 am
    ----
Looks like a lotta expensive do-dads on an otherwise standard RPG.

I think they are going after the "Cool" factor for foreign military sales.

One of my counterparts had an AK-47 very similar in appearance when I worked with the National Police in Iraq. The young man had money and bought just about every add on you could buy. Got most through mail order from the States. His technique was to have a soldier buy it using his credit card and then pay him in cash. Avoided the chance of stuff getting stolen in the local mail since it came APO to the troop. Also circumvented the usual mark up from the local "Entrepreneur" who could provide these things. A lot of troops thought he had an M4 until he fired it or they examined it.

#9: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:21 am
    ----
From their website: "Made in the USA to US safety and quality standards."

Which standards are those? No toxic propellants? No carcinagenic paint? No spin to arm fuzes?

#10: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: palic PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 am
    ----
Two points to the changes of design:
- this is not clever to use rifle stock because it it moves soldier's shoulder too back to thin portion of tube which is really pretty hot at the moment grenade leaves the barrel (those who have tried firing RPG-7 can understand)
- the center of weight moves too forward and I can forecast certain problems with controling this weapon when loaded (those who have tried...)

To Tanklord: the trigger housing and the rear grip can not trade their places because of the distance of firing pin from the tube muzzle is fixed and it is (should be I believe) the same as on the original RPG-7. I would say that it should be able to fire original PG-7 grenades...

#11: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 am
    ----
- palic

To Tanklord: the trigger housing and the rear grip can not trade their places because of the distance of firing pin from the tube muzzle is fixed and it is (should be I believe) the same as on the original RPG-7. I would say that it should be able to fire original PG-7 grenades...

That makes since. The point I am make is how can you put your non trigger hand on that vertical grip? You would have to almost cross your arms. Shoulder stock against shoulder. Right hand on trigger. Left hand would have to cross body and go behind trigger hand. Looks pretty uncomfortable to me. Still think it is just a mock up of left over M-4 parts.

#12: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: palic PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 pm
    ----
Not very difficult to answer - this weapon should be fired from right shoulder only because of sights including optical one are located on the left side of gun tube and there is no stock at original weapon - it rests by thick part of tube (there are two parts of pressed plastic fibre/bakelite making insulating jacket around that thick portion of tube) on the right shoulder of gunner: forum.valka.cz/attachm...CT0010.JPG

For right-hander:
- left hand/fist is holding rear grip close to the gunner's right shoulder
- right hand is holding the trigger grip, thumb pushing safety pin and forefinger pulling the trigger
- BANG!

For left-hander:
- right hand/fist is holding rear grip close to the gunner's right shoulder
- left hand is holding the trigger grip, thumb pushing safety pin and forefinger pulling the trigger
- if necessary, left-hander could be retrained to right-hander
- BANG!

Have tried firing (better to say not tried but fired) RPG-7 many times as a right-hander and as a left-hander... No problem, hitting either stabile or moving target (yup, with certain small amount of luck).

See the picture cca 1988-90: forum.valka.cz/attachm...RPG-7_.jpg

You say that is a mock up and I would say you are dead right! I can not even imagine that somebody could think it seriously - to put your right cheek on the totally uninsulated and hot gun tube... There is no insulating jacket - it must hurt very much.

Last edited by palic on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

#13: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:26 pm
    ----
Palic, thanks for the pic. I can see how that works "without" the shoulder stock. I think that it is the shoulder stock that messes up the configuration. I did not see one in your pic.

Last edited by Tanklord on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

#14: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:36 pm
    ----
- palic
Not very difficult to answer - this weapon should be fired from right shoulder only because of sights including optical one are located on the left side of gun tube and there is no stock at original weapon -

Well, it's not as bad as firing an RPG-2 from the left shoulder....the gases from the vent port would put a hole in your neck. Shocked

#15: Re: American Made RPG-7 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:44 pm
    ----
Perhaps an strange remark

Is it not easier and more cost effective to buy the existing thing, instead of re-inventing it

The Russian have developing it for +60 years

No matter if it's for real or not Confused

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board