armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:50 pm
    ----
I seriously have to catch-up on my knowledge of digital camera's Rolling Eyes

However I know one thing

Besides having the big one's from company's like Canon or Nikon, it is also wise to take along an good quality smaller pocket camera

They are easier to handle underneath vehicle's, under engine hoods, etc

Michel

#32: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:17 pm
    ----
That and you won't cry as much if you destroy one when trekking through some inhospitable areas, hoping the SD card survives too Sad

#33: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:58 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

However I know one thing

Besides having the big one's from company's like Canon or Nikon, it is also wise to take along an good quality smaller pocket camera

Michel

I often carry two of the medium-priced digitals and take lots of insurance shots of same subject on both. It would so suck to come back from what might be a once-in-a-lifetime chance and have one card go wonky or a camera go missing. And I carry multiple vid cards, too.
And I only use cameras that take double-A batteries, which are globally available. It would stink to have a propiretary rechargeable go tango-uniform in the middle of a shooting session.

#34: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:26 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

However I know one thing

Michel

Yes - and always carry it with you as you never know when the need for a camera may suddenly materialise in front of you..

#35: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:21 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
and always carry it with you as you never know when the need for a camera may suddenly materialise in front of you..

I'm not sleeping with it under my pillow, however it is close by al the time Mr. Green

#36: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:31 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

If you invest the money on a DSLR you also should invest some time to understand how to get the best out of it. If you don't, you end up like Jim, who owns one of the top Nikon models and still goes back using an old point-and-shot Laughing

I am still learning all the time about this topic, but we both use Canon (Vagabond does too) and we shoot similar subjects, feel free to ask and I'll try to help if I can.

It may be worth getting a small manual, both the "Green Lantern" and "Digital Field Guide" series cover Canon and Nikon models. I've used both and they helped me. Those manuals aren't big or too much sophisticated, and don't assume previous knowledge, they can help getting started.

Massimo

#37: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:38 pm
    ----
Just to harp back to this small camera concept...

As you know JED always allows users of this forum free access to the JED site. For the next week the site registration password is donsmoustache and you can join the site easily. We have four digital cameras to give away and you can make yourself eligible to win one (this is open to existing members from this forum as well) just by joining the site and then adding some content... adding images to your albums is a good bet. The three winners will be chosen by popular vote at the end of the month!

Don't forget to add the AFV News to your profile under interests as this is for members of this forum only.

#38: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:03 pm
    ----
okay, you tricked me

I did join JED Mr. Green

Now I just have to figure out how to get AFV News as my main interrest in my profile Wink

Michel

#39: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:56 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
okay, you tricked me

I did join JED Mr. Green

Now I just have to figure out how to get AFV News as my main interrest in my profile Wink

Michel

Looks like you already figured it out...

#40: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:27 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Looks like you already figured it out

I would not call it "figured it out", rather trial & error

Will try to send you somthing through the JED site, it will be good for my points
(or at least I think so Neutral )

Michel

#41: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:09 pm
    ----
I think here we have a good example on how different lenses achieve different purposes. The shots with "wide" in the title were taken with a Tokina 11-16, the "normal" with a Canon 24-105, "tele" with a Canon 70-300:
www.flickr.com/photos/...241461551/

In this case I had plenty of space around the tank, so the 24-105 was just fine and able to frame the whole subject. I used the 11-16 only to achieve different views and use some fancy perspectives. The 70-300 telephoto lens instead was handy for the off-road demo, since people were somewhat away from the action.

Massimo

#42: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:21 am
    ----
- JimWeb

As you know JED always allows users of this forum free access to the JED site. For the next week the site registration password is donsmoustache and you can join the site easily. We have four digital cameras to give away and you can make yourself eligible to win one (this is open to existing members from this forum as well) just by joining the site and then adding some content... adding images to your albums is a good bet. The three winners will be chosen by popular vote at the end of the month!

Don't forget to add the AFV News to your profile under interests as this is for members of this forum only.

Well this was not an outstanding success Smile

The only winner is, of course, Michel as of those who joined he was the only one who actually posted anything so there was little point in taking it to a vote.

#43: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:30 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
The only winner is, of course, Michel as of those who joined he was the only one who actually posted anything so there was little point in taking it to a vote.

the others didn't want to take the risk

Michel

#44: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:12 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- JimWeb

Well this was not an outstanding success Smile

Best of intentions, but I'm up to my butt in 25m targets pretty much since I signed up...sorry, dude. But I've got some good stuff that I'll get up, once I figure out how to put a small watermark on them...preferably without having to do each one at a time.

C

#45: Re: armyjunk2 - Expodisc examples Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:25 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman
But I've got some good stuff that I'll get up, once I figure out how to put a small watermark on them...preferably without having to do each one at a time.

C

I recommend PMNet's Watermark V2. It works very well for me, and it's free:

www.pmnet.info/watermark/

-> AFV News Discussion Board