Your first 4.01 takeoff?
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:54 pm
    ----
How did your first takeoff go with the new flight model?

On my first takeoff I went nose over into the runway almost instantly, wasnt quite prepared for the power revolving in front of me..lol! Mr. Green

#2: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: _79_OD_ PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:53 am
    ----
It was much better than 4.0! The Spit is almost back to normal for take offs, still swings around a bit though.

OD.

#3: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:45 am
    ----
I was rolling down the runway with my P-40 when my nose came down a lot quicker then I wanted it to. I pulled back causing my tailwheel to hit the ground and my tail came flying up again..... I did this several times before I got it up into the air.

P.S. You should set a key to lock your tailwheel. That way when you are taking off, you don't feel any torque until your tailwheel lifts of the runway. By then you have enough speed that there isn't very much torque and its easy to correct.

#4: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: 251_Akira_IJNLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:11 am
    ----
Fully loaded carrier launches are a bit more "interesting" now. Mr. Green

#5: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:30 pm
    ----
Fully loaded carrier launches are a bit more "interesting" now

From an airfield the takeoffs are a piece of cake! Tailwheel lock makes a world of difference!

As far as the carrier launch....SHEEEEEESH! Haven't had a successful one yet! lol Why the heck did the Japanese have to put the control tower on the left side of their carriers anyway???

#6: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:50 pm
    ----
- Combat
lol Why the heck did the Japanese have to put the control tower on the left side of their carriers anyway???

lol, man i can't wait for a few more days to go back to my apartment and try this thing

i'm surprised about the tailwheel lock though, i always was using that, even before the patch, don't know if it ever made much of a difference but it just seemed like the logical thing to do when i wasnt turning, hehe

~S~

#7: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:21 pm
    ----
i'm surprised about the tailwheel lock though, i always was using that, even before the patch, don't know if it ever made much of a difference but it just seemed like the logical thing to do when i wasnt turning, hehe

yup! me too. I couldn't handle a plane in CFS3 without locking the tailwheel! First thing I did before even trying IL2 the first time was set up a tailwheel lock key!

#8: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: 411sq_Mtnman PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm
    ----
Not as bad as I thought it might be! ( I was sweating even before climbing into the cockpit). P-47 had more torque than expected but kicking right rudder straightens it right out.

Carrier take-offs with the F4U are measurably tougher. Torque & crosswinds don't help but not overtly difficult. Landings are another thing! lol. Made 15 carrier landing this week so far, one devastating explosion, & one bent prop. the other 13 went fine.

I like the new FM, just need to make adjustments for it.

#9: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:45 pm
    ----
to be truthful, in my post about my first takeoff that was with 4.00 not 4.01.. my first 4.01 takeoff was a very cautious yak 9 takeoff.. went quite well..lol!

#10: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: Uhu_Deenee PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:12 pm
    ----
Bent me prop... Laughing

Houdini

#11: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: VA_LtCol_Sugar PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:15 pm
    ----
Didn’t know about that tail wheel thing. Thank you! I’ve been pulling back to keep the tail down up to 50 or so mph, then easing up on it to get the tail flying (LOL at this point I usually begin fighting a wicked PIO) and then just letting her fly off. Locking the tail wheel sounds like it might be a lot simpler. On thing I have noticed (most likely common knowlage) is that if I keep the stick hauled all the way back while taxiing or landing I can be a lot more liberal with the use of my breaks, at least with a Spit I can I don’t know about the others. 3.whatever or 4.whatever…this debate highlights the only advantage I’ve seen in being a total noob, makes no difference to me, they are just different that’s all. Lucky Me.
~S~
Sug

#12: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:06 pm
    ----
I'm about to puke from all the saltwater I've swallowed from trying to get that F6F off the carrier...and I used to surf and could LIVE on saltwater, lol!!!!!

#13: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: 411sq_Mtnman PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:12 pm
    ----
LOL! I know what your going through Stoop!
Catch me on Hyperlobby most any night, I can help ya out.( I have a couple of Carrier training missions I made the 411 guys qualify on.) You should pick it up real quick. Or jump on our TS & I can hook ya up.
66.98.216.18 ~S~

#14: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:15 pm
    ----
Thanks Hit!!! I'm on travel again this week but will do as soon as I can.......and the PIO is pretty dang bad, think I need to tweak some joystick settings to deal with it...but am certainly not about to give up!

S!

#15: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: JG300-HolmesLocation: Straight Outta Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:31 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
I need to tweak some joystick settings to deal with it...S!

hey stoop, you talkin bout axis sensitivity settings and such? is there a way to edit that in PF itself, cause i think i need to make it a little less sensitive but i couldnt find the right place to do it

~S~

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters