ID Sherman variant...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ID Sherman variant... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:28 pm
    ----
A bad outbreak of antennae disease...

#2: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:10 am
    ----
Can you hear me NOW??

Is that Korea? Later? Or somewhere else? Old helicopter ID isn't my forte, so I'm not sure of the vintage of the bird in the background.

Chuck

#3: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:02 am
    ----
I would say the bird is a Sikorsky S-55, but it's hard to tell...

Massimo

#4: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:11 am
    ----
No guys the big tracked thing in the centre of the image

Its Korea and its a marine sherman - all I know!

#5: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:22 am
    ----
They were M4A3 105MM How tanks used for C&C. They had a dummy gun with the area taken up with raidos and map boards.. Yes, it's Korea.

#6: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:11 am
    ----
Gun was, apparently, a fake - they probably needed the space for all those radio sets.

Is that an access hatch in the side or just a tac marking? (the square thing)

#7: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:49 pm
    ----
I am certain that this tank has had the Engineer Armored Vehicle modification kit applied. In addition to the side hatches you can see the hand/stowage rails on the upper edges of the sponsons that were also part of the kit.

KL

#8: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:23 pm
    ----
What are those Sherman variants in Taiwan

blog.xuite.net/af_supp...age_header

blog.xuite.net/maomi/F...F%87)+1122

b.blog.xuite.net/b/2/d...009/43.jpg

#9: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:44 pm
    ----
[quote="bialy-r"]What are those Sherman variants in Taiwan

M4

M4A1(76) with replacement (75mm?) tube

M4 or M4A2

KL

#10: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:23 am
    ----
Maybe the M4A1's gun has slid out of battery.

#11: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:50 am
    ----
- bialy-r
What are those Sherman variants in Taiwan

b.blog.xuite.net/b/2/d...009/43.jpg

ALCO-built M4, not M4A2

P-O

#12: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:34 pm
    ----
Here's a model of a Sherman bridgelayer in the Dutch Engineers' museum. I believe that this particular design was a Dutch idea but was there ever such a version? Probably the hull is a bit too high to be practical though.

#13: Re: ID Sherman variant... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:40 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I would say the bird is a Sikorsky S-55, but it's hard to tell...

Massimo

I think it's a Sikorsky H or R 5.

-> AFV News Discussion Board