Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Artillery Forum

#31: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:38 pm
    ----
Massimo Thank you for posting these, nice pics.

#32: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:25 pm
    ----
It's a pleasure. I am only posting a small selection here, mostly the more exotic pieces. A larger amount of shots are on my Flickr account:
www.flickr.com/photos/...595717860/

Even on Flickr I am not done yet, another half-dozen pieces are still missing.

As always, feel free to ask if you would like to see more of a specific piece.

Massimo

#33: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:22 am
    ----
Just last two shots. In both cases these were fortress guns that were mounted in an hurry on field chassis during WW I:

210 mm Skoda 1885/1916

210 mm Krupp 1891/1916

I think I am done with artillery in Bucharest. I just will add some planes at a later stage. You can see the whole set here:
www.flickr.com/photos/...595717860/

Massimo

#34: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:17 pm
    ----
Great set of pics

#35: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Mircea87Location: Constanta, Romania PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:29 am
    ----
There is a free ebook with pics and data about the artillery on display at "King Ferdinand" National Military Museum in Bucharest here. Unfortunately, it's in Romanian, but I'm sure that if you know some latin language you can figure out some valuable data (I can help with the translation if you need specific data). The book also has some rare ww2 pics and some pictures from equipment that it's not located at this museum (located at military garrisons or war memorials).

#36: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:40 pm
    ----
- Mircea87
There is a free ebook with pics and data about the artillery on display at "King Ferdinand" National Military Museum in Bucharest here. Unfortunately, it's in Romanian, but I'm sure that if you know some latin language you can figure out some valuable data (I can help with the translation if you need specific data). The book also has some rare ww2 pics and some pictures from equipment that it's not located at this museum (located at military garrisons or war memorials).

What an excellent resource to go with our pictures. Thanks for posting the link!

Note to others: It's big. Real big. may take some time to download from the server it's on.

#37: Re: Bucharest. Muzeul Militar National Author: Mircea87Location: Constanta, Romania PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:34 am
    ----
Massimo, do you happen to have a photo of the description plate of this Negrei mortar:

commons.wikimedia.org/...l_1916.JPG

I've searched your flikr album, but there was no photo of this mortar (or I missed it). I only took a photo from behind, sadly.

-> Artillery Forum