Solothurn. Museum Altes Zeughaus (CH)
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Solothurn. Museum Altes Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:22 am
    ----
I don't think it's not well know outside Switzerland. Here you can see a photogallery:
www.flickr.com/photos/...866330321/

Massimo

#2: Re: Solothurn. Museum Altes Zeughaus (CH) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:01 pm
    ----
nice photo collection

I took an little tour at the website of the museum

The impression I have, is that it is somehow an special museum

Apparently they only show non-motorized military equipment, from the middle age's to +/- 1950's ??

Michel

#3: Re: Solothurn. Museum Altes Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:01 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
The impression I have, is that it is somehow an special museum

Being hosted inside the original building of 17th century arsenal make it a special place.

It's an interesting collection, inside fascinating place, located in a cute town.

- Michel_Krauss
Apparently they only show non-motorized military equipment, from the middle age's to +/- 1950's ??

Yes, you are right.

Up to a few years ago they had a tank too, a very good one. The only Pz 39 still running with an original gasoline engine:
www.preservedtanks.com...p;Select=4

There are no vehicles, and the artillery lacks space, since it must stay in the ground floor, other floors would not stand the weight.

Massimo

-> Artillery Forum