THE MOVE.....(update)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 pm
    ----
ANYWAY......

Today I spent several hours in RMP.

Here are some of 'the sights'....

The T54 got shifted around, awaiting the 'right' truck,...

The T34/85:

The T55 Enigma:

The Comet:

The 'S' tank's status had been cleared up, and the larger truck arrived, uploaded, & departed:

More to Follow
Regards
Don

#32: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 pm
    ----
Opps forgot to add this photo.

The 'right' truck showed up, and the T54 got loaded:

Heres one for Doug & Joe......

THE M60A2 !!!

BTW: The M60A2 was not a member of this latest departure group.

Regards
Don

#33: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:31 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Opps forgot to add this photo.

Heres one for Doug & Joe......

THE M60A2 !!!

BTW: The M60A2 was not a member of this latest departure group.

Regards
Don

It looks good. Of course, we didn't have that fancy-schmantzy track. Wink

#34: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:45 am
    ----
Spider roadwheels on the T54! That's a old timer!
Dan

#35: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:22 am
    ----
The T-34, is that the former Nkorean one with sn 1002631?

Regards,

Lesley

#36: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:25 am
    ----
The T-34, is that the former N korean one with sn 1002631?

Regards,

Lesley

#37: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:25 am
    ----
Lesley

I believe 1002631 is the T34/85 in the museum. I want to say it came from APG, but I'm not sure.

It has significant welding on the front slope. I've never been able to find any stampings or markings on it.

The museum lists it as having a 3 digit SN, 138 I think.

This is (or was) the second of two T34/85s in the collection.

Regards
Don

#38: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:41 am
    ----
I almost forgot,.....

The Churchill has also 'left the building...'

Regards
Don

#39: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:19 am
    ----
A busy day, and a bit sad.

Only one truck was loaded today, heading for the TMP at Ft Benning.

The major loss for me, was the Sd Kfz 223. Oh well, another page of accomplishments is torn out of my 'playbook'. Only thing remains are a lot of memories working feverishly for several months, during the 'restoration', a few scars, and a bunch of photos.

Farewell old friend....
Don

#40: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: panamadan PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:44 pm
    ----
Don,
Last summer a buddy and my son headed down to the Patton Museum and one of the vehicles that I enjoyed seeing was this 223. Thankfully one of the side hatches was open and I poked my head in and took lots of photos-you did a great job in there and I thank you and the bunch that worked so hard on her.
Times are changing...
Dan

#41: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:33 pm
    ----
3 Dec Update:

I was busy at work, but was forwarded a few photos of Fridays load out.

The PAK 43/41 and the pedistal mounted 75mm have been shipped out.

The size of the PAK 43/41 is referenced as it sits on the trucks trailer.

Regards
Don

#42: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:33 pm
    ----
Truly a "Barn Door"!

#43: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:16 am
    ----
UPDATE: 8 Dec 2010

I spent most of the day today, in the museum. Here are most of todays 'casualties'....

More to follow
Don

#44: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:31 am
    ----
AND, at 1430 hrs, 8 Dec 2010.....

At 1600 hrs, I had to leave. This is my last view of this Ontos in person,.....

Sadly, I'll never see her ever again,......the end of a major chapter in my life.

Don

#45: Re: THE MOVE.....(update) Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 am
    ----
My condolences Don. I know that was a hard thing to watch.

-> AFV News Discussion Board