Color video of Abrams's Thunderbolt VII...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Color video of Abrams's Thunderbolt VII... Author: panamadan PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:20 am
    ----
www.criticalpast.com/v...board-tank

Dan

#2: Re: Color video of Abrams's Thunderbolt VII... Author: Smashy PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:11 am
    ----
Anyone else notice the extra armor on the front?

#3: Re: Color video of Abrams's Thunderbolt VII... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

- Smashy

Anyone else notice the extra armor on the front?

It is my understanding that the late war armor kits was the main difference between TB VI and TB VII.

Yes! No? Maybe?

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Color video of Abrams's Thunderbolt VII... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:21 am
    ----
Dan

I too stumbled on that.

As it turns out, there seems to be very few good images of TB VII, and this video is a gem for the detail interested individual.

Thunderbolt VII was an M4A3(76) which was uparmored in Jan/Feb 45. At the same timeframe that Cobra King was getting 'upgunned'.

It is C. Abrams last tank of the war. Having gone thru 6 other versions (I assume)

The site has some very cool film. I still think there is archive film of CK rolling by, but haven't found it yet.

As there seems to be a film crew in the vicinity of 37th TB during early March 45, the possibility is good of finding some late war images of CK. AND THAT WOULD BE VERY COOL!!

Regards
Don

#5: Re: Color video of Abrams's Thunderbolt VII... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:13 pm
    ----
I have not seen this at all! Nice find! Makes me want to get started on my 1/16 T-Bolt right away. Smile

- Jeff

#6: Re: Color video of Abrams's Thunderbolt VII... Author: panamadan PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 pm
    ----
Like Don I also found it by accident. Yes, VII is up armoured and also has a .50 coax, the .50 AAMG is moved at the turret top so the loader can use it and a .30 cal is set up for the TC. There is a 1/35 model of this by a Chinese company called Dragon.
Lots to look at this website-lots in color too!
Dan

#7: Re: Color video of Abrams's Thunderbolt VII... Author: Manu-MilitaryLocation: Right in the heart of the Chambois pocket PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:25 pm
    ----
- JeffStringer
I have not seen this at all! Nice find! Makes me want to get started on my 1/16 T-Bolt right away. Smile

- Jeff

Hi folks,
this is funny that I have just finished two weeks ago my best effort to render this tank in 1/16 scale.
Here is the link if you jst whish to have a look at what it looks like

-> AFV News Discussion Board