Late to the party: Yugoslav Somua with 6 pounder fitted
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Late to the party: Yugoslav Somua with 6 pounder fitted Author: Blackjack PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:08 pm
    ----

Came across this pic of a captured Somua used by Tito's partisans fitted with a 6 pounder gun from an AEC mk II/III armored car. Anyone know of another pic of this beastie, possibly from the front of the vehicle? Interesting nevertheless! Regards, MK

#2: Re: Late to the party: Yugoslav Somua with 6 pounder fitted Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:30 pm
    ----
Dear Colleague,
I'm sorry, but I need to confirm your suspicions, because the other photos are unknown. Conversion allegedly took place in an unknown factory in the town of Sibenik.

#3: Re: Late to the party: Yugoslav Somua with 6 pounder fitted Author: Blackjack PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:06 am
    ----

I got this picture from a fellow, but it seems to raise more questions than it answers...

i7.photobucket.com/alb...gosl-1.jpg

#4: Re: Late to the party: Yugoslav Somua with 6 pounder fitted Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:29 pm
    ----
The tanks Somua of the Yugoslav partisans - see mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/ yugoslavia/yugoslavia.html

Quote: One, possibly two, of these vehicles were captured by partisans from the Germans. The vehicle had it's turret removed and a British 6pdr gun installed.

Tenk Somua S-35 (Char Somua Modele 1935-S) - see oklop2.tripod.com/somua.htm

Photo S-35 demonstrably the Yugoslav origin:

-> AFV News Discussion Board