New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:45 pm
    ----
On June 17 the new Swedish MV Museum Arsenalen is inaugurated by His Majesty the King of Sweden.

The new homepage is now up and running.
arsenalen.se/en/default.aspx

As I understand the former Tankmuseum in Axvall, The former MV Museum in Malmkoping and other "secret" storages have been assembled to one location in order to create a new combined museum of both soft skins and AFV's.

#2: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:08 am
    ----
We are waiting for photo report form the new museum.

Smile

#3: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:54 am
    ----
about a month away!

Should be exciting.

#4: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:17 am
    ----
Is somebody going to that new museum in the opening of it on 17.06 or few days after ?

#5: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:28 pm
    ----
Found a film on youtube - looks great.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVRZf7gstM8

Today it was the first day open to the public, an enomous success with lots of visitors and an intesresting vehicle display.

www.arsenalen.se

#6: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:42 am
    ----
Everything what was is Axvall is now in Södermanlands ?

I didn't seen: the Stug III, PzKpfw I, Churchill, T-37

www.flickr.com/photos/...6582414133

But the Museum is super and have many space to put there a lot of new exhibits.

#7: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:37 am
    ----
They have put the museum in the middle of nowhere. On the east coast of Sweden.

a damm shame.

#8: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:11 pm
    ----
Hello,

all the PDF files from Surviving Panzers were corrected today with the new name and location of the museum, but I still have old photos. Please let me know if recent photos in the new location are available !!

P-O

#9: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:26 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
Everything what was is Axvall is now in Södermanlands ?

I didn't seen: the Stug III, PzKpfw I, Churchill, T-37

www.flickr.com/photos/...6582414133

But the Museum is super and have many space to put there a lot of new exhibits.

All the vehicles from Axvall have been moved to Arsenalen, but not all of them are on display.
The museum has a huge storage area - 10 000 square meters under roof where the rest of the vehicles will be stored.
But these storages will probably be open for visitors in the future.

Most important - all the vehicles saved for the future.

#10: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:24 pm
    ----
- VonForhud
They have put the museum in the middle of nowhere

well, I prefer a huge indoors storage area in the middle of nowhere rather than a little display and storage room in a well-known place..

P-O

#11: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:37 am
    ----
Found some more pics at Missing Lynx

www.network54.com/Foru...%26quot%3B

#12: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:42 pm
    ----
Hello Walter,

thnaks for the link. Obviously, there is more room and this allows people to take nice pictures. It is the first time I can see the side of some of the rarest Swedish vehicles in a colour picture. The former museum was too small.

Pierre-Olivier

#13: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:25 pm
    ----
Seems a place worth visiting, Ryanair fly's from Brussels south (Charleroi) to Stockholm Skavsta only about 80 km from the museum. Any candidates for a field trip, I'm free the last weekend of July or the first of August?

Michel

#14: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:49 pm
    ----
I would wait a bit before visiting the Museum. Most likely they are still ironing out some minor problems and adjust the display a bit. I would prefer to let the Museum's crew take care of any teething problem.

Maybe we could plan a group visit for spring/summer 2012?

Massimo

#15: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:02 pm
    ----
Found two links with nice pictures from the museum.

I think the museum is worth a visit, but of course as I am told, there will be improvments and changes.
As someone from the staff said - the museum will never be finished - there is always something new to become part of the exibition.

www.plasticwarfare.se/...arsenalen/

www.plasticwarfare.se/...in-sweden/

-> AFV News Discussion Board