A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#16: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:07 am
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
Fr8ycat, That is SLICK..............IT looks fast. ( alot faster than the 100kt cruise) Good work Mr. Green

That shiny skin does make it look like it would go at least 300 kts. Laughing

#17: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:32 am
    ----
Great job fella's Cool

fled
Cool

#18: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 pm
    ----
Looks very nice Stoopy.
Mr. Green Don't complain about the rain.
Dude, I haven't had 1 inch in my rain guage since last September

#19: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:34 pm
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet

You're absolutely correct 1Bullet, quite insensitive of me to put it that way, where are my manners. The situation simply served to build additional character, a thought that was not lost on me while I busied myself with a 5mm Allen wrench and a pair of the world's thinnest and cheapest stamped-steel pair of pliers from my bike's toolkit as robust splotches of Virginia mud splattered from the ground up into my face...

So here's to mud in your eye, pod'ner....and soon! Laughing

#20: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:08 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-1Bullet

You're absolutely correct 1Bullet, quite insensitive of me to put it that way, where are my manners. The situation simply served to build additional character, a thought that was not lost on me while I busied myself with a 5mm Allen wrench and a pair of the world's thinnest and cheapest stamped-steel pair of pliers from my bike's toolkit as robust splotches of Virginia mud splattered from the ground up into my face...

The "Boss Hawg" has gotten a little soft in his old age (then again, not sayin' I haven't either). Ascout's first Super Glide went without a front fender for it's first year back in '76. Ride a road bike in the rain like that for a while...it's like all the June Bugs in the world hitting you in the face at highway speeds. Outlaw scarves necessary. Thankfully, I haven't had to do that in, oh, about 35 years. Mr. Green

#21: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:35 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-1Bullet

Holy Rain Drops Boss................Just after you posted that we have got a chance of rain tonight

Tonight Scattered T-Storms / Wind Chance of Rain: 50%

Tomorrow Scattered T-Storms Chance of Rain: 60%

Tomorrow Night Scattered T-Storms Chance of Rain: 60%

#22: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:34 am
    ----
Hah! See? It worked!!!!!

Actually I enjoy riding in the rain....there's a solitude and concentration factor to it that makes one feel even more in "the zone". My only rule of thumb is I don't like to ride to work in a downpour, since it's no fun starting your day off in the office all wet. On the way home, it's a nice way to get an impromptu bath. But then again I have the luxury of decent and modern gear. And ABS brakes. Wink

Performing a surprise field mod / repair to a questionably-designed and broken bracket that is used to attach another component that is way too large and rounded to bungee-cord to the bike, in the rain, while stranded on the side of an empty dirt road in the middle of nowhere with the faint sound of banjo music far off in the woods... well... slightly different story (but still not gonna complain about it, at least the dampness bit).

But it's a whole 'nother story anyway and I'm glad the Great State of Texas got some small reprieve, it's a start!

#23: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 am
    ----
OK, getting there slowly but surely. This polished aluminum look has all kinds of gotchas but I'm mesmorized by it.

A couple more small additions and it's done.

#24: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:07 am
    ----
That looks slick as snot, Fr8ycat! NOICE!

#25: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:29 pm
    ----
VERY nice!!!

#26: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:54 pm
    ----
COOOL!!!!

#27: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:46 pm
    ----
I can personally attest that the final version of Richard's excellent livery ins indeed quite a show-stopper...nice work Fr8ycat!!!

All other liveries have been tweaked, touched-up and mucked with, and the "EZ-file" self-installer is in the process of the first build & test as we speak, the whole schmiel should be uploaded and available later sometime today!

If you downloaded and installed the previous set of liveries, you'll want this update too, for sure, as some of the paints are significantly changed. Mr. Green

Thanks fer yer patience....

#28: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:53 pm
    ----

#29: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:36 pm
    ----
Woo Hoo Cool

#30: Re: A new toy for you FSX-flyin' Swine Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:41 pm
    ----
OK there ya go...

com-central.net/index....ils&id=397

GO download and see whatcha think fellers!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum