for Stoopy.
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: for Stoopy. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:03 am
    ----
So I am back into R/C. Starting out with gliders this time around but have been looking at electrics and came across this one...looks familiar don't it?

www.nitroplanes.com/cm...9-kit.html

#2: Re: for Stoopy. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:19 am
    ----
Ooooo that thing looks sweet - and it's a big'un! 1600 millimeters is like...almost a quarter mile or something like that? Or maybe it'll just seem like it.

Since the pilot figurine is purchased separately does that mean you can get a plastic pig figure for the cockpit instead?

That inverted 4-stroker looks sexy and I'll bet would sound great too but I can understand the pull of going to electric....(pun intended).

And hey, Monokote makes an aluminum covering if the time ever comes for a freshening-up of the original skin... Cool

www.monokote.com/metallic.html

Way to go, hope it's as fun as it looks!!!

#3: Re: for Stoopy. Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:09 pm
    ----
That's Cool

#4: Re: for Stoopy. Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:31 pm
    ----
Very nice and the price is great too,maybe you can post some video when you get it up and flying.Santa is going to be bringing my youngest an electric foamy for Christmas this year,I'll post it when we pick it out.

#5: Re: for Stoopy. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:25 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
That inverted 4-stroker looks sexy and I'll bet would sound great too but I can understand the pull of going to electric....(pun intended).

Ya that motor does look sweet. Been about 20 years since I've last flown and that was with gas. Figured going electric is a quick, cheap, easier and cleaner way of getting back into it. I just remember what a mess dealing with the fuel was. And if I end up getting something like that I have the option to go either way. Still have 2 OS Max engines, a .40 (that was on my Goldberg Eagle 2) and a brand new unused .25, an unused K&B .45 and 2 Fox .19's that my Uncle gave me. So I'm not short of gas power when I want to go that route again.

Electrics have also come a long way in 20 years. There's some nice electric warbirds out there.

www.hobby-lobby.com/rc...07_ctg.htm

But to start with I already have my glider built and ready to go. Got the Fling ARF. A friend of mine brought his gliders over and we went into the hills across from my house. After watching him he gave me the controls and it was awesome. No engines to deal with, no gas, no Lipos, just flying around on the wind. Was very relaxing...once I got the hang of it again and wasn't worried about crashing his glider. Laughing
I know eventually the draw of "Raw Glow Power" will suck me in and I'll have at least 1 gas powered plane. Gonna have to get my money's worth out of those engines I have.

Will try and get some video of my maiden flight with that new iPhone I got last month and post it here.

- JG300-Dan736
Santa is going to be bringing my youngest an electric foamy for Christmas this year,I'll post it when we pick it out.

Let us know what you got. I'd be interested in seeing it.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum