Delft. Netherlands Army Museum
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:17 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
It is indeed the prototype of the PRTL.

Good to know. Thanks

Massimo

#32: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:27 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti

T-55 AM by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

T-55AM Minenräumladung

#33: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: earlymb PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:59 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Do you have additional info about the new Museum? Are they working on it? Will it be a new or existing building? What will happen in Delft?

Massimo

It will be a completely new building, surrounded by a large park located on the grounds of the former airfield Soesterberg. The park itself will also be used, for events, vehicle demonstrations and outside exhibitions.

For more info also see www.heijmans.nl/projec...eum/id/567

At this moment the new destination for the present museumbuildings has not yet been decided upon.

David

#34: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:13 am
    ----
So there will be planes too. They have plenty of space for sure and building from scratch means they could achieve something interesting.

Thanks for the info

Massimo

#35: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: earlymb PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:55 pm
    ----
The planes are from the Militaire Luchtvaart Museum also located at Soesterberg (on a different section though). The Armymuseum and the MLM will merge into the National Military Museum.

Website of the MLM: www.militaireluchtvaartmuseum.nl/

They, too, have a beautiful collection!

David

#36: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:30 pm
    ----
The Fokker D-XXI and Fokker G.1A alone would be worth the trip!

Massimo

#37: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 pm
    ----
The Fokker D-XXI is a fake since it it a rebuilt Harvard! IIRC the G.1A is a replica.

Regards,
Lesley

#38: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:26 am
    ----
So they are cheating! Smile

Massimo

#39: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
The Fokker D-XXI is a fake since it it a rebuilt Harvard! IIRC the G.1A is a replica.

Regards,
Lesley

Lesley, are you sure about the D.XXI? From the admittedly small pic in the museum site, it looks either like an original or a very good replica.
This is a VISMOD T-6/D.XXI:

image hosting

#40: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:13 am
    ----
Hello Costas,
Look at ''survivors'' in the link below.
wiki.scramble.nl/index...kker_D.XXI

A link to what is on display, storage etc;
wiki.scramble.nl/index...art_Museum

Regards,
Lesley

#41: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:21 am
    ----
It doesn't say anywhere about it being a converted T-6, just a replica that apparently was flyable. The one in the photo I posted was also used in a Dutch movie (Soldier of orange).

#42: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: earlymb PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:52 pm
    ----
I believe the most complete original D-XXI is located at the Crash-museum at Aalsmeerderbrug (near Amsterdam Schiphol Airport). It is a recovered crashed one. I believe there is no surviving original G-1.

www.aviationmuseum.eu/..._40-45.htm

#43: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:28 pm
    ----
- earlymb
I believe the most complete original D-XXI is located at the Crash-museum at Aalsmeerderbrug (near Amsterdam Schiphol Airport). It is a recovered crashed one. I believe there is no surviving original G-1

well the description "most complete original Fokker D-XXI" is a little to much I think.
From what I could find from picture's it's only the remains of the engine, pilot cockpit and front section of the fuselage.

The Fokker D-XXI was also used in the Finish airforce and they have one, scratch together from various remaining Finish Fokker D-XXI.
I think the largest part of this plane will fit the description "most complete etc"

Concerning the G-1, don't even know about some remains of one Sad

forgot to mention, I hoping they will improve lighting with the new location.
The current light at Soesterberg is much worse then Delft Wink

#44: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
forgot to mention, I hoping they will improve lighting with the new location.
The current light at Soesterberg is much worse then Delft Wink

It's hard to imagine light conditions worst than Delft Laughing
Do they at least allow flash in Soesterberg?

All in all, as a visitor, I like that light, just like I like it in Solothurm (an arsenal even older than Delft) or in Morges (the basement of a castle). It matches the overall feeling of the old, fascinating building, even if it made life miserable for photographers.

On top of that, places like Delft are a good way to practice poor-light photograpy, so that I will be ready for the time I will visit Duxford and maybe even Kubinka Laughing

Massimo

#45: Re: Delft. Netherlands Army Museum Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm
    ----
I used flash in the air force museum and didn't get any complaints a couple of month ago.

-> AFV News Discussion Board