Three Amigos in Lesany
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: palic PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:09 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
This one has a flat-bed trailer:

??? by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

To Massimo - ID: Truck/Trailer combo 9T238 consisting of Zil 131-4401 tractor and 99511 trailer for SS-21 (Tochka) resupply. Able to transport two containers with complete missiles (or empty) or four containers with warheads (or empty). Wink

#32: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:13 pm
    ----
Perfect! Now I have all the vehicles properly identified. I am still missing proper ID for two artillery pieces, but those will go into the dedicated forum

Massimo

#33: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 pm
    ----
Now that we solved the identification issues, it's time to start posting pics Smile
This one was taken by Patrik himself:

AH-IV Sv by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#34: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:03 am
    ----

Pz 35 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#35: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:25 pm
    ----

Pz 38 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#36: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:53 pm
    ----

ST-I by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#37: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 pm
    ----
As I said, the Museum improved a lot compared to 14 years ago, only thing I am not happy is the way they restored their Pz IV. Here you can see a picture taken in 1998. You can see the post WWII modifications added by the Czechslovakian Army. It's worth to note they are same external fittings of the Pz IVs used by the Syrian Army (see the tank in Latrun or at the MVTF in California).

Pz IV in 1998 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#38: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:47 pm
    ----
See the Pz IV in MVTF, it's a former Syrian tank:
www.flickr.com/photos/...826904687/

Another veteran of the Six Days War is in Latrun:
www.flickr.com/photos/...627712088/

#39: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:26 pm
    ----
The Pz IV is now inside a very dark hangar, that try to replicate some tank/trench warfare. Taking pictures over there is a nightmare (but average visitors are impressed).
Here you can see the Pz IV after restoration, they removed the czech-specific modifications... Almost as bad as turning a G-13 into an Hetzer Sad
On top of that, I think they made a poor job on the schurzen:

Pz IV in 2012 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#40: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:37 pm
    ----
Another shot, even at that distance and in poor light, it was disappointing:

Pz IV and 7.5 cm Pak 97/38 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#41: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:44 pm
    ----
Czechoslovak modification PZ-IV called T-40/75 (T-40/75N)

forum.valka.cz/viewtop...hp/t/59715

#42: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:22 pm
    ----
I know you were all waiting for this, the one and only "Pink Stalin" Smile

JS-2 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#43: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 am
    ----
I forgot to add that Patrik was so shocked after seeing the new coat of pink paint, that he wasn't able to take any pictures of it Laughing

Massimo

#44: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm
    ----
Oh dear, that PzIVJ is abysmal!
Shurzen wrong, camo even worse!

#45: Re: Three Amigos in Lesany Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:24 pm
    ----
I am not nitpicking on the camo, in the end it's not worst than what we see in Saumur or Bovington. But the schürzen are quite crappy.
Most of all, I can't understand why they removed the czech-specific features that made it much more of an unique piece and were relevant to the history of the Czechoslovakian Army ...

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board