M26 still at Leopoldsburg (BEL)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M26 still at Leopoldsburg (BEL) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:21 pm
    ----
Is this M26 still at Leopoldsburg or not? The photo was taken at the barracks near N51 07.260 E5 16.835

#2: Re: M26 still at Leopoldsburg (BEL) Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:31 pm
    ----
Lesley

That M26 was at the former armour school, al the vehicles are now in storage.That Pershing should be vissenaken depot now. Just one leopard and two M47 turrets are still there.

Michel

#3: Re: M26 still at Leopoldsburg (BEL) Author: vw82 PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:47 pm
    ----
According to the MKOK Museum Website they have quite a few vehicles on Display.
AMX-13
Jadgpanzerkanone
M32
Staghound
M3 Halftrack Quad 50
M24 Chaffee
M36 Achilles
M41 Walker Bulldog
M47 Patton
Universal Carrier
Striker
Humber
M74
M75
8inch How
Is this still true?
And from what I can read their opening times are rather restrictive!
Mike S

#4: Re: M26 still at Leopoldsburg (BEL) Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 am
    ----
Hi mike

The M36 is a M10 17 Pdr, and if they have a M32, its a recent move frome the storage depot. The rest of the list is correct.
Public access is indeed quit restrictive, open once a month i believe. However knowing the right guy could open some doors.

Michel

#5: Re: M26 still at Leopoldsburg (BEL) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 am
    ----
Thanks for the info! I forgot about the K-blokken museum, when the weather is better I have to pay a visit overthere!

Regards,
Lesley

#6: Re: M26 still at Leopoldsburg (BEL) Author: vw82 PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 am
    ----
Many Thanks for the confirmation of vehicles on Display.
My friends(8) and I were thinking about Militracks and the MKOK Museum on the same trip/weekend. But that won't work if they are "almost always" closed.
Lots to see in the area, smaller Museums and many single vehicles & aircraft. This is what we will do.
Mike S.

#7: Re: M26 still at Leopoldsburg (BEL) Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:44 am
    ----
It's posible to ask for a tour on request, they do that for groups outside the normal opening hours. I'm in contact with the curator, so I could ask if its posible.
Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board