Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:32 pm
    ----
Hi All,
My first vacation day trip was to the USAHEC (web site www.usahec.org in Carlisle, PA. They have the former Patton Museum FT 17 tank inside the building, and outside are: M60A1 Tank, M4A3 Sherman tank, M18 Hellcat TD, M42 SPAAG Twin 40mm, M109A4 155mm SPH, and a freshly painted M46 Tank. There is also a nice selection of artillery (I will post in that section) from revolutionary war to recent times on grounds. Check the web site for more details on the displays. Almost forgot, there's also a full size wrecker truck and workshop diorama in one of the exterior buildings. Rick

#2: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:34 pm
    ----
More photos.

#3: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm
    ----
A few quick photography notes. No camera flash allowed in building where FT 17 is, and the truck diorama is behind a cage in an out-building, and a bit tricky to photograph.

#4: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:44 pm
    ----
Have you managed to get FT-17's pictures or it was too dark without flash?

Massimo

#5: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:13 pm
    ----
Massimo,
I shot these without flash, they were on a new memory card, not as good as yours, but accepable! Thanks for the Munster views you've been submitting, I like them a lot! Rick

#6: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:20 pm
    ----
Not bad at all. What camera are you using?
The forum strips all EXIF once you upload and I can't see the camera/picture data.

Massimo

#7: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm
    ----
Here's the M109A4 155mm, the Sherman and photographer. I did get some closeup views of what look like the SN's, I'll check them out later. Rick

#8: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:29 pm
    ----
Massimo,
Camera is Canon Rebel XS1 around 5 years old. I submit my photos in smaller size, since the forum accepts 800x800 or less. If you see a shot and would like to see it in normal size, I can usually send 1-2 through email. I really need the Tokina 11-16 lens, but due to "economics" use the two I have. Rick

#9: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:34 pm
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
Camera is Canon Rebel XS1 around 5 years old.

I used one for a few years, it's now owned by my daughter. It's still able to take competent pictures.

Massimo

#10: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:41 am
    ----
Hey Rick!

Nice work & great photos!
Welcome to the AFV compulsive photography 12-step group! Smile

Looks like they've repositioned the FT-17 since we saw it in March of 2012.

When we went to shoot inside the museum, we saw the signs about no flash in the gallery and asked the attendant specifically about using flash on the tank ONLY and were allowed to shoot it with flash. Never hurts to ask!

Take some stuff down to the pawn shop and get that Tokina 11-16!! Sell blood! It's worth it! LOL!

If you're curious about how she looked in 3/12, here's a link to the gallery:
www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...615_md4gc7

Cheers,
VB

#11: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:00 pm
    ----
- vagabond
Take some stuff down to the pawn shop and get that Tokina 11-16!! Sell blood! It's worth it! LOL!

I am quoting this to be sure Trevor will read it Laughing

Massimo

#12: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:18 pm
    ----
- vagabond
Hey Rick!

If you're curious about how she looked in 3/12, here's a link to the gallery:
www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...615_md4gc7

Cheers,
VB

Looks very much as she did at the Patton. All it needs is a cardboard doughboy with Don's head on top. Mr. Green

#13: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:22 pm
    ----
Paul and Loren, Great photos as always! I enjoy all of your contributions to this site! For improved indoor shots I'm planning to get the Tokina 11-16 lens (maybe before Trevor does lol) but it's not in my current budget! I really like the photos without all the WW 1 dummies etc. better. As shown now, too much stuff around it, but at least it's inside. Rick

#14: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:18 pm
    ----
Do you happen to know the serial number of that M60A1? (I didn't see that on their webpage.) Also, was there any info on where that M46 came from? There used to be a tank painted something like that at Ayers Kaserne ("The Rock") in Kirch-Goens, Germany. I guess it got moved out of there in the early-mid 1990s, but I never did see it anywhere else in Germany.

#15: Re: Carlisle, PA US Army Heritage and Education Center Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:57 pm
    ----
The M60A1 was in the past "heavily" painted, so I did look at tow hook on front and did not see sn. I did forget to check the left rear plate, where they stamp the numbers on, so next trip I'll check, unless someone already has it? I'm not sure where it or the M46 originated at. If you want to see RAW photos, my email is on my profile page and I can send some to you. Rick
3 photos below are close up of the M60A1, there are numbers in lower hull, but not sure if SN.

-> AFV News Discussion Board