'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...??
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:27 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
I remember being on location with Michael Caine in the late 70s IIRC doing a film about the crew of a Matilda retreating across France during 1940. It was based on a book whose name I forget but anyway I digress - they actually had a Matilda but it had no engine and all the 'moving' shots had to be it freewheeling downhill which made for some interesting scenes and much recovery work. In the end they abandoned production because of cost overruns etc.

Just remembered the name of the book - it was Tramp in Armour by Colin Forbes. Nice book well worth reading. published c1970.

#17: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:26 am
    ----
I've read that, it was a good book and got me really interested in AFVs. Sadly some of his later books are rubbish!

#18: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: chrisballance PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:06 am
    ----
Jim,

Thanks posting on abandoned film based on 'Tramp in Armour'. I picked up a old library copy of the book to read. I have been looking for more WW2 related fiction from the 50s. 60s and 70s. It was fun to read the book form of Kelly's Heroes and Navarone series this summer.

By the way, I believe people are posting that the film 'Fury' is based roughly on Stephen Harding's book 'The Last Battle'. I started reading that book this weekend and it's good so far.

Chris.

#19: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:19 am
    ----
Chris, if you are looking for WW2 fiction, you may want to try Elleston Trevor's The Killing Ground, if you haven't read it already, that is. It's about Churchill infantry tanks and their crews in Normandy.

#20: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:28 pm
    ----
http://tomahawkfilms.com/blog/?tag=guernsey

[...] Bovington Tank Museum’s very own Tiger Tank is not only up and running but is now being hired out to the producers of the new Brad Pitt film, ‘Fury’ currently being shot in and around the village of Shirburn in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside here in the United Kingdom. Along with an American Sherman M4 also on hire from this ground-breaking Museum, this superb & almost breathtaking Tiger will add a sense of realism with its sheer power & stage presence on set.. indeed Bovington’s Director of Operations, Richard Smith, said the Tiger was’ “one of the most feared weapons unleashed by the Nazis and was possessed of a formidable reputation as it could destroy an enemy tank from over 2km away..!”[...]

#21: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:56 pm
    ----
There are also a couple of vehicless from the Bruce Crompton Collection in this movie.

Walter

#22: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:01 am
    ----
I wonder how much this will end up looking like Kelly's Heroes Part II?

#23: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:40 am
    ----
I'm getting the feeling that there need to be two sets of "credits" for this production...one for for the cast with a pulse, and one for the vehicles. I recall that "Memphis Belle" had all the Registration/Bureau numbers for the aircraft in the credits. Laughing

#24: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:18 am
    ----
I wonder if the story related will be based on real events or will be purely fictional, but I can't wait to see the film, because they will use real WW2 vehicles, and not mock-ups based on FV-423 or T-55 tanks. I'm very happy of that !! Moreover, the money that will be earned from the tanks hiring will probably help to restore some vehicles, so that's a good thing.

P-O

#25: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:23 pm
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
I wonder how much this will end up looking like Kelly's Heroes Part II?

...without the benefit of humor.

#26: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:29 am
    ----
Official trailer:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8n5iV53L0U

#27: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:44 pm
    ----
Does anyone know if this is based on a particular book. Is it based on a novel or a historical occurrence?

cn

#28: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: RomainC PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:39 am
    ----
Have read that Stelan's Medium Tank was used in this movie. It is the tank named "FURY". Stelan LOPEZ is from Sorgue, southern east of France. For the D Day commemoration (June 6), the tank was on the mediterranean beaches -don't recall the exact place. It still had the movie's paints on.

P-O, I suggest you to contact Stelan for pics and other details if you are interested in.

Cheers!

Romain C

#29: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:58 pm
    ----
Romain,

I've seen his M4(76) (indeed an M4 105mm with a T-23 turret) at Colleville sur Mer on June 4, 2014. The same day, the tank went on Omaha Beach for a little display along with few other Shermans :

P-O

#30: Re: 'Fury'....whose tanks are they using...?? Author: RomainC PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:05 pm
    ----
Do not know why I was thinking to the Mediterranean beaches... Nice pictures.

Thanks

Romain C

-> AFV News Discussion Board