SFC Button at Ft Lewis now......
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:34 am
    ----
Well I have returned from a year overseas in Korea and am now at Ft Lewis for what I hope will be just one year so I can finally retire. I visited the post museum today and while the inside is pretty nice, the outside displays were in terrible shape. I plan to contact the museum director / curator about their displays and what they know about the history's of the armor and vehicles if anything at all. I took over 130 photo's today and will post them when I remember how to on here. I can't quite remember how I posted them in the correct size last time.

#2: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:12 am
    ----
Put them on a hosting site (Even Facebook) & post a link here mate.

#3: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:25 am
    ----
Hello Jef,
One year and then retirement! I still have twelve years to go...

Greetings,
Lesley

#4: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:53 pm
    ----

I hope these pictures of this M4 post.

#5: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:11 am
    ----
Be sure to check out the North fort area. Some nice display vehicles there.

BTW, any good pics of armor from Korea?

Neil

#6: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:20 am
    ----
Welcome back to the US. Thanks for posting the Sherman photos. Looking forward to seeing more from Ft. Lewis, SFC Button. Rick

Last edited by Rick_Eshleman on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 am
    ----
"North Fort" is where my unit is going to be located and all I saw while driving around there was an M113 and an old half-track in display. However I will keep my eyes open. As far as armor in Korea, I have quite a few in my Facebook in an album I did for my year in Korea. Mainly pieces I got to see at the War Museum one afternoon.

#8: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:22 am
    ----
Can you please post a link to your Facebook album?

#9: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:00 pm
    ----
Jeff,
Check the USA AFV Register - I think the info should still be current for the most part. There should also be an Sherman and an M60 on display nearby that Half-Track. I also remember something about an M46 or M47 with an odd turret? But maybe that's on the main part of the base.

Neil

#10: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:00 pm
    ----
Here is a link to my Photo-Bucket where I downloaded the pictures yesterday.
s64.photobucket.com/?postlogin=true

#11: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:09 pm
    ----
The link just directs to a login page, not the gallery.
This is it, though: s64.photobucket.com/us...t=3&page=1

Last edited by Costas_TT on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:03 pm
    ----
Well back, Jeff!

I've only been to Ft. Lewis once, and that was just for a hasty day of preparation before flying to that other, then popular, Asian playground. It seemed like a pretty appealing post, my reason for being there nothwithstanding, but I like the Pacific NW.

Hopefully the museum there will recognize their new resource.

#13: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:53 pm
    ----
FWIW, the museum director told me when I visited that a lot of the uncared for vehicles were dumped on the museum when the 2nd ACR (and its museum) left for other pastures.

#14: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:27 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Neil used the correct word, "dumped".

When the AFVs for the 1st Armored Division were shipped to Ft. Bliss, the staff had no idea what they received.

Sgt, Scouts out!

#15: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:24 am
    ----
Costas_TT, thanks for squaring me away. I have not used Photobucket in years and had to reset my password just to get back in. I am still in-processing the unit. Once I know what my schedule / work load will look like, I will be able to checkout and post pictures. I would like to assist the museum with its knowledge of what vehicles it has, just as I did at Ft Irwin. Ft Hood, (1st CAV museum director) did not seem interested in my help so crap on him. Once I am settled in, I will try and contact the museum director and/or curator and see what they might need.

-> AFV News Discussion Board