SFC Button at Ft Lewis now......
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:56 pm
    ----
I just relooked what Vagabond and it made what I asked looked stupid. He told me where to look so I will try and check them out today.

#47: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:28 pm
    ----
I believe the artillery pieces are US 3inch M1902 and 3inch M1904 Field Guns and I could use some good pics of them. Thanks jeff if you get the chance.

#48: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:57 am
    ----
Thanks Jeff! Have fun and go armed in case of Zombie attack - LOL!! Laughing

Kurt - I looked in V 3.1 of the AFV Register and it doesn't have an entry for Tacoma. Then it dawned on me to check V 3.0 and in it found the entry for Tacoma as follows:

TACOMA
Washington National Guard State Historical Society, Camp Murray
M3A1 Stuart USA out In view of I-5
M47 Patton USA out SN 8211, RN 958895 1481

#49: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:02 am
    ----
I got there today and will have pictures shortly as soon as I download them. I took about 60 photo's of the vehicles, F101, Cobra, etc, as well as inside the museum.

#50: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:20 am
    ----
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

#51: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:25 am
    ----
Now the inside of the museum. The building is called the "Arsenal" and was built in 1916. A small but clean museum.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

#52: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:54 am
    ----
Great going Jeff!! Thanks for checking it out and getting photos!

Cheers,
VB

#53: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:15 pm
    ----
- vagabond
I looked in V 3.1 of the AFV Register and it doesn't have an entry for Tacoma. Then it dawned on me to check V 3.0 and in it found the entry for Tacoma as follows:

TACOMA
Washington National Guard State Historical Society, Camp Murray
M3A1 Stuart USA out In view of I-5
M47 Patton USA out SN 8211, RN 958895 1481

It's now an entry under Camp Murray, and they are both there.

Michel

#54: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:20 pm
    ----
No signs of the older artillery pieces Jeff??

#55: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:16 pm
    ----
armyjunk2,
Were they small pieces on wooden mounts possibly? If so, I saw them across a parking lot behind the HQ building. I didn't get pics but I can go back Veterans Day weekend and do that. Just let me know.
Also, here is the link to all 58 pictures I took at Camp Murray and the inside of the museum.
s64.photobucket.com/us...G%20Museum

#56: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:31 pm
    ----
Jeff can I put this photo
i64.photobucket.com/al...2_4620.jpg

on my facebook page?

#57: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:34 pm
    ----
The last item is presumably a horse watering trough or something? I'm hoping it's not a latrine.

#58: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:43 pm
    ----
Hi Jeff, M1902/05 look like this

#59: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:26 am
    ----
Jeff, if you remember on the 11th when you are there, please check the rear tow lugs on the M3A1 for the serial. It's usually the one on the right, but not always.

Thanks,
KL

#60: Re: SFC Button at Ft Lewis now...... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:27 am
    ----
JWB2, please feel free to use any photo's I have ever taken!

JG300-Ascout, yes, that is a watering trough. But I also had "latrine" pass through my mind!

Armyjunk2, I don't remember seeing anything like that piece but I will re-check the grounds.

Kurt, for you, anything! I will go back and recheck that M3A1 closely and see what I can find. May even get up there tomorrow, (Sunday) if I get the time.

-> AFV News Discussion Board