Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:56 pm
    ----
Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh)

www.somewhereinblog.ne...l/29711478

M24 Chaffee
M3 Stuart
M4 Sherman
M32 TRV
M19
2x Sexton
T-16 Carrier
PT-76

#2: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:23 pm
    ----
Looks like the have 10 cm FK 18 or something very similar!

Massimo

#3: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:40 pm
    ----
The 15cm howitzer and the 10 cm Kanone used the same chassis, only the barrel is different. It's very easy to confuse the two. That's why I am not sure about the gun in Bangladesh.

As an example, the picture below, from Sofia, show a 10 cm Kanone on the foreground and a 15 cm Haubitze in the background:

10 cm K 18 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#4: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:43 pm
    ----
I'll go with the 10cm.
Even though the slide appears to be missing from the top of the lower recuperator housing, the taper of the rear part of the barrel and the recuperator cap configuration seem to indicate the smaller caliber gun.
www.ourdhakacity.com/m...ary-museum

#5: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:08 am
    ----
I still wonder how the hell such a gun end up in Bangladesh...

Massimo

#6: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:27 am
    ----
Maybe it was brought to the area as a WWII trophy, back when it was still a colony.

#7: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:30 am
    ----
I think we have seen some WWII trophies in India (a SdKfz 231 at least), but not that many.

Massimo

#8: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:53 am
    ----
I know that China had some of the 150mm, so I wonder if it's a bit of booty from one of the China/Pakistan border skirmishes?

#9: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:19 pm
    ----
I wondered that too. Do we have any idea if the Chinese ever got the 10 cm K18 too? Wikipedia doesn't reports it, but it's not the ultimate sources for such kind of information.

Massimo

#10: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:27 pm
    ----

The gun in question.

The 150mm

#11: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:31 pm
    ----
Note that for some strange formatting reason, the left hand picture is the one in Dhaka, the right hand one's the 150mm version!
The barrel looks a bit slimmer to me.

#12: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:46 am
    ----
The front end of the barrel from the 10cm is longer than the 15cm.

Walter

#13: Re: Bangladesh Military Museum - Dhaka (Bangladesh) Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:32 pm
    ----
Dear Colleagues,
I refer to electronic translation of the Bengali text that appears above the photos:

১০৫/৫৪ সিএম ক্রুপ গান
১৯৩৭ সালে জার্মানীতে তৈরী কামান। দ্বিতীয় বিশ্বযু্দ্ধে এই অস্ত্রটি ব্যবহৃত হয়েছিলো।

105/54 CM Croup Music
Cannon made in Germany in 1937. The weapon was used in the second bisbayuddhe.

Croup Music = field gun (Bengali allegory about)

bisbayuddhe = World War (confidence 9 out of ten)

-> AFV News Discussion Board