Arsenalen
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#136: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:24 am
    ----
Terrängbil m 42 KP by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#137: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:24 am
    ----
Tgb 12 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#138: Re: Arsenalen Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:48 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Tgb 12 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

Ok, anecdote time again. My second trusty steed was the Tgb13*. Our signals company was short on squad leaders so I sometimes had to double as such for one of our point/close defense squads and the Tgb13* was their ride. Lessons quickly learned, do not fall asleep under the defensive armament as the FN MAG (Ksp 58) ejects empty casings straight down ... hot brass down your collar is not a pleasant experience. There is no such thing as a "heated crew compartment" no matter what the specs say ... it's cold or less cold ... unfortunately one of the "warmest" spots is right underneath the defensive armament.

After a particularly taxing vehicle march and constant combat maneuvers ( recon, setting camp, fend off attack, breaking camp, recon) for 36 hours my disgruntled squad while finally standing down were told by a Lt. to "camouflage" the vehicle. The driver promptly engaged the all-wheel drive and dug into a huge pile of snow, hitting a large fir which dropped all snow from its branches onto the Tgb effectively burying it. He climbed out of the back hatch and walked up to the Lt. and said - Done!

End anecdote.

*) EDIT. The Tgb 12 Amphibious Prototype pictured is a totally different beast than the Tgb 13 troop/utility transport, it only looks about the same. The looks evoke memories of long noisy and cold rides though.

Good picture of a Tgb13 with gun mount:
Tgb 13

Last edited by Rikard_Hufschmied on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:54 am; edited 6 times in total

#139: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 am
    ----
Thanks again for another funny story! Smile

Massimo

#140: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:53 am
    ----
Tgb m 42 VL by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#141: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:55 am
    ----
Tiger I replica by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#142: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:55 am
    ----
Trabant by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#143: Re: Arsenalen Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:32 am
    ----
The Tgb 12 is one of only 5 produced prototypes of the amphibious version. Totally different from the standard Tgb 13.

Out of the 5 produced only 3 remaining. In the collection we have two vehicles, both same perfect condition. Another known vehicle is now in the hand of a collector in Norway.
No 4 was scrapped, No 5 unknown if scrapped or hidden in a barn somewhere.

The Tiger Replica is now in Norway.

Stefan

#144: Re: Arsenalen Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:44 am
    ----
- Stefan_Karlsson
The Tgb 12 is one of only 5 produced prototypes of the amphibious version. Totally different from the standard Tgb 13.

Out of the 5 produced only 3 remaining. In the collection we have two vehicles, both same perfect condition. Another known vehicle is now in the hand of a collector in Norway.
No 4 was scrapped, No 5 unknown if scrapped or hidden in a barn somewhere.

The Tiger Replica is now in Norway.

Stefan

I stand corrected, my memories are from the Tgb 1112 (the .. 12 at the end pointing my memory in the wrong direction) which another beast altogether, 4 wheels to start with ... many of the perks an quirks apply though. My only excuse is that it's been 25 years Smile Again, My bad.

#145: Re: Arsenalen Author: earlymb PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:04 pm
    ----
- Walter
Most of these are 4-seaters
But Bruce Crompton has a 6-seater That is quite rare

Walter

I'm not sure he still has it, he may have sold it?

#146: Re: Arsenalen Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:08 pm
    ----
That is a possibility ,I do not know but here is a picture

#147: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:39 am
    ----
Universal Carrier by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#148: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:40 am
    ----
Trakk 1 ton by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#149: Re: Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:40 am
    ----
Volvo 144 Gengasutforande by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#150: Re: Arsenalen Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:06 pm
    ----
The Tempo Vidal at Arsenalen is an original 6 seater.

The Volvo 144 was part of a national full scale test in Sweden after the global oil crisis in 1973.
Volvo was given the task to produce 10 sets of "Gas Generators" for cars to test if it was possible in case of a total blockade of Oil.
This car was later used by the Army to keep the knowledge of using this fuel.

www.gengas.nu/byggbes/...mary.shtml

-> AFV News Discussion Board