VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:51 pm
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve added a gallery of photos of M48A2 SN 1339, RN 9B1158 on display at VFW Post 10028 in Aberdeen, MD.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...A2/n-2gGwm

#2: Re: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:29 pm
    ----
Paul and Loren, Great photos but why did they stick "VFW" and all the lights on it? Glad when I was there that stuff wasn't! Rick

Did You have time to visit the former Ordnance Museum grounds?

#3: Re: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:49 pm
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
Did You have time to visit the former Ordnance Museum grounds?

I wonder what exactly is still there..

P-O

#4: Re: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:31 pm
    ----
Next Spring I hope to get there. Rick

#5: Re: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:47 pm
    ----
please do a detailed report..

thanks

P-O

#6: Re: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:54 pm
    ----
The condition of the fenders is amazing.

#7: Re: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:30 pm
    ----
used to be the meting spot for Bob's tours

#8: Re: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:12 pm
    ----
I will definitely give a detailed review of what's still there, but I'm hoping the access is not harder than before. There was so much there years ago, even in the background of my T25E1 photo I found some older artillery (I have no close ups of them) and even today there are many vehicles around the base, just not available to the public. Rick

#9: Re: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:43 pm
    ----
- Rick_Eshleman
I will definitely give a detailed review of what's still there, but I'm hoping the access is not harder than before. There was so much there years ago, even in the background of my T25E1 photo I found some older artillery (I have no close ups of them) and even today there are many vehicles around the base, just not available to the public. Rick

Yes we used it a few times Smile It was visible from the Entrance road just after you got off of US 40.

I need to find time to drive back up there and see what is still there but I'll admit I still have a hard time thinking about it. Crying or Very sad Confused

#10: Re: VFW Post 10028 - Aberdeen, MD - M48A2 Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:20 am
    ----
Rick - Thanks for your kind words!

No, we didn't stop by APG - partly cause we were pressed for time and partly out of avoiding depression at seeing the state of things there. I have so many happy memories of the field of tanks that the thought of seeing what is left is kinda depressing. Especially as there seems to be little forward progress towards seeing the AFV collections on display again.

Well, I've done it now….. I need a drink…. Smile

-> AFV News Discussion Board