Armor for the Ages
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Armor for the Ages Author: vmmv1Location: virginia PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:48 pm
    ----
the recovery and whole process of that vehicle reads like a soap opera, including the theft of parts at the docks in the UK and the return of many of those parts after threats of legal action. A man brokered the whole deal from the US, can't remember his name, i might still have the video of its recorvery. it was in incredible shape until the Russians who recovered it decided to clean it with a fire hose and blew off much of the Zimmerat. Yes we made the Stank deal happen, great adventure, better discussed over a beer.

#32: Re: Armor for the Ages Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:50 pm
    ----
If you ever dig out the video of the StuG recovery, I'm curious if it shows that the damage to the left fender where it is peeled back was war damage or caused by the recovery. I feel it is the latter and hope the video shows it.

If I can make it to the Open House, maybe we can have that beer. Smile

Garry

#33: Re: Armor for the Ages Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:24 pm
    ----
Armor for the Ages has been updated again with a new article on the former APG Panzer II ausf F that is now at the National Armor and Cavalry Museum collection at Fort Benning. The article has some of the history after its capture in North Africa along with the usual photo gallery of the tank's interior and exterior.

armorfortheages.com/Mi...pfwII.html

Garry

#34: Re: Armor for the Ages Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:59 am
    ----
Armor for the Ages has been updated with a new article on the Japanese Type 95 Ha-Go that was once with the Patton Museum and is now at the National Armor and Cavalry Museum.

armorfortheages.com/Mi...5Page.html

Garry

#35: Re: Armor for the Ages Author: clausb PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:06 am
    ----
- Garry_Redmon
Armor for the Ages has been updated again with a new article on the former APG Panzer II ausf F that is now at the National Armor and Cavalry Museum collection at Fort Benning. The article has some of the history after its capture in North Africa along with the usual photo gallery of the tank's interior and exterior.

armorfortheages.com/Mi...pfwII.html

Garry

According to an article in a publication from the Panzermuseum in Munster, the contact between APG and the German museums was made possible by Uwe Feist. The transport of the Panzer II from USA to Germany was funded by the Auto & Technik Museum in Sinsheim, but the vehicle was delivered in Bremerhaven and then transported to Kampftruppenschule 2 in Munster, where it was restored from its then present condition as a near wreck to a running vehicle.

#36: Re: Armor for the Ages Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:22 pm
    ----
When was the last time it ran?

#37: Re: Armor for the Ages Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:29 pm
    ----
Thanks for that information Claus. So Uwe Feist brokered the deal between Sinsheim and APG. Was that common knowledge before the article was published? The Tiger I went to Sinsheim and the Panzer II went to Munster. Where did the Marder II go?

Garry

-> AFV News Discussion Board