German artillery serial numbers
-> Artillery Forum

#1: German artillery serial numbers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:39 pm
    ----
This is dedicated thread where we all can post German artillery serials, from different locations. Mostly to have a centralized place to track the numbers and keep an ongoing discussion.

Let's start with 3.7 cm Pak 36 in Saumur:

R15562

#2: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:10 am
    ----
5.0 cm Pak 38 in Saumur:

R.6575

The marking above the breech seems a bit odd to me.

#3: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:27 pm
    ----
1942 hhg stands for Rheinmetall-Borsig

#4: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: BruceClark PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:53 pm
    ----
Massimo, Walter, et al,

I love the idea!
I've always felt that artillery- of all nations- has gotten short shift with respect to kits and references, though that is being better addressed these days.
I have photos of most of the remaining WWII German artillery pieces in Canada and would love to participate. That said, it is my observation that most of the guns are parked outside and between the multiple layers of thick paint and or rust, many of the serial numbers and manufacturing marks are no longer distinct.
I'll go through my photos and see what I can gleam.

Bruce

#5: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:22 pm
    ----
Pak 40 Liberty Museum Overloon
This time no R-number but a PJ-number
The number is PJ 1054

#6: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:25 pm
    ----
Pak 38 Liberty Museum Overloon
Number R 9705

#7: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:27 pm
    ----
10,5cm LeFH 18/40 Liberty Museum Overloon
Number R 2080

#8: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:53 pm
    ----
88mm FlaK 37 Hoek van Holland, The Netherlands
Number: R674

Besides the serial at the breech, there are a bunch of serial numbers all over
- the cradle has it own serial at various locations;
- the crucifix platform has it's own serial also

#9: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 pm
    ----
Should this be moved to the Artillery Forum??

#10: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:27 pm
    ----
Michel
The 88mm at Hoek van Holland is a Flak 36 not 37

Walter

#11: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:29 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
Should this be moved to the Artillery Forum??

Good call. Done.

#12: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:19 pm
    ----
- Walter
Michel
The 88mm at Hoek van Holland is a Flak 36 not 37

Walter

Walter,

you are correct .... typing error

#13: Re: German artillery serial numbers Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:34 pm
    ----
Hi Guys,

When I get a chance, I'll collate what I have and post them here.

Cheers!

-> Artillery Forum