Patton Park - Hamilton, MA - M4A1(75) Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Patton Park - Hamilton, MA - M4A1(75) Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:47 pm
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve posted the first of our “On the road again” galleries - M4A1(75) Build Number 1848 on display in Hamilton, MA in Patton Park. As you’ll see in the gallery, we had a few obstacles to overcome for the shoot, but we triumphed in the end!

I could find the BN only on the left side of the tank - P-O work your magic!!

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...1/n-9tBx4g

#2: Re: Patton Park - Hamilton, MA - M4A1(75) Gallery Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:01 pm
    ----
I'm amazed it's not been at least fenced off as "dangerous"!

#3: Re: Patton Park - Hamilton, MA - M4A1(75) Gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:43 am
    ----
well, I would say it was made around June, 1943 and the serial number would be in the 287XX / 288XX range.

P-O

#4: Re: Patton Park - Hamilton, MA - M4A1(75) Gallery Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:25 pm
    ----
here is Joe DeMarco's answer :

"It is somewhat rare to come across a Sherman in the US that is in nearly “as built” configuration, but that one appears to be.

>and the SN is around 28xxx.

The “28785” painted on was not there in photos taken earlier.

It certainly would not surprise me if that is the true Serial Number of that tank.

Wonder if someone got inside & checked that?

I recall that a minister who lived up that way said he was going to look into that years ago, but never got back to me.

It seems possible that an “as built” tank like that might still have its original PSC dataplate.

I think for the time being I’m going to enter that as if it were verified SN 28785 with side number 1948, US no PP turret 3576 (3), and GS hull cast in 3-43.

Is there a way to save the pix without having to use the “Snipping Tool”?"

#5: Re: Patton Park - Hamilton, MA - M4A1(75) Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:53 am
    ----
P-O,

Sent you an email regarding the photos.

-> AFV News Discussion Board