Homemade Mine Roller
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Homemade Mine Roller Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:48 pm
    ----
A friend of mine took these in Syria. Not sure what group built it, but you got to give them an A for effort. Tank is either T-55 or T-62A. Rollers are rims off of Toyota Landcruiser.

[img][/img][img][/img]

#2: Re: Homemade Mine Roller Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:18 pm
    ----
Hey thats a good idea, now why do we need to spend a couple million dollars each on some "improved" Toyota car rims for the M1 Smile

#3: Re: Homemade Mine Roller Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:45 pm
    ----
I severely doubt that would survive a single explosion.

#4: Re: Homemade Mine Roller Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:08 am
    ----
Yes, but I don't think there is a shortage of Toyota rims in Syria.

#5: Re: Homemade Mine Roller Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:07 pm
    ----
Looks like the chassis is from a T-55AMV (spacing between 1st and 2nd roadwheel and K-1 ERA, also note RMSh track). The durability (and effectiveness) of the rollers may be improved if they are filled with concrete or something. Steering might be an issue since the rig appears to be rigidly mounted.

#6: Re: Homemade Mine Roller Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:31 pm
    ----
- silviop15
Yes, but I don't think there is a shortage of Toyota rims in Syria.

That's true... maybe its only intended for anti-personnel mines?

#7: Re: Homemade Mine Roller Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:32 am
    ----
Could be...

-> AFV News Discussion Board