Tiger I no more in Munster?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tiger I no more in Munster? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:47 am
    ----
So the frankentank Tiger I left Munster? Any additional detail?

Massimo

#2: Re: Tiger I no more in Munster? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:17 pm
    ----
www.daspanzermuseum.de...fca797eae6

"The tiger left the Panzermuseum
Loan returned to owner

Since 2013 the German Panzermuseum Munster has been able to show a tiger. This vehicle was a loan and the related contract has now expired.

The vehicle was therefore taken from the permanent exhibition on Monday, 28.11.2016 and now returns to its owner. For the time being, no tiger can be considered in the DPM exhibition.

However, we are still well placed with panther, Sturmtiger and Königstiger also in the area of the big cats and we are glad to be able to show in March a new piece from the world of the tigers"

Google translate.

#3: Re: Tiger I no more in Munster? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:40 pm
    ----
Looking forward to the surprise in March Smile

Massimo

#4: Re: Tiger I no more in Munster? Author: vw82 PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:23 pm
    ----
Luckily I saw the Tiger just recently in Munster.
The Museum has not said who they borrowed it from, or have they?
Its gone back to the owner, any tank spotting spies out there?
The Tiger is not easy to hide while being transported.

My guess for a new member of the Tiger family to be displayed at the DPM (German Panzer Museum) is a Jadgtiger.
Only three around, Bovington, Moscow and the one that was at the APG.
Its said that its now at Ft Benning, Georgia. But Ft Benning is an Infantry & Airborne School. They don't like tanks!
Perhaps the DPM will have luck like Bovington did with their Elephant?
Mike

#5: Re: Tiger I no more in Munster? Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:13 pm
    ----
- vw82
Luckily I saw the Tiger just recently in Munster.
The Museum has not said who they borrowed it from, or have they?
Its gone back to the owner, any tank spotting spies out there?
The Tiger is not easy to hide while being transported.

My guess for a new member of the Tiger family to be displayed at the DPM (German Panzer Museum) is a Jadgtiger.
Only three around, Bovington, Moscow and the one that was at the APG.
Its said that its now at Ft Benning, Georgia. But Ft Benning is an Infantry & Airborne School. They don't like tanks!
Perhaps the DPM will have luck like Bovington did with their Elephant?
Mike

www.benning.army.mil/armor/

#6: Re: Tiger I no more in Munster? Author: vw82 PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:19 am
    ----
"They don't like tanks!" Sorry, I take that back!

Wow, I'am impressed with whats be going on at my old duty station.
Looks like it will be on the same level as the other famous armor museums that we all know and enjoy.
I'll visit for sure next time I'am in the US.

“When the Armor School moved from Fort Knox, Kentucky, to Fort Benning in 2011, etc"
nationalinfantrymuseum...r-cavalry/

The new museum looks really fantastic.
nationalinfantrymuseum...r-cavalry/

I hope that they will also be into exchanging exhibits with other museums, such as in Bovington or Munster.

By the way JWB82, I could not open your link.
But thanks for the wake up.
Mike

#7: Re: Tiger I no more in Munster? Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:22 am
    ----
You were right the first time - they don't like tanks. Benning tolerates them because they have to. They formed the "Maneuver Center of Excellence" to train infantry and armor together. From what I understand, there are terrain problems and not all firing tables can be shot. But, armor is there and will probably be there for a very long time. They just won't have a museum like the Infantry Museum.

#8: Re: Tiger I no more in Munster? Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:32 pm
    ----
a new tiger, made of plastic:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K64TVzpiZws

Regards,
Wim.

-> AFV News Discussion Board