Sorry to see him go.
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Sorry to see him go. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:42 am
    ----
Whether the movie was bad or good, his character was always great.

www.hollywoodreporter....-91-766020

#2: Re: Sorry to see him go. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:48 am
    ----
Added character to any picture he was in.

Also a respected jazz musician.

#3: Re: Sorry to see him go. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:52 pm
    ----
He was definitely unique and yeah he pretty much stole the screen (in a good way) no matter what the role.

Was also a great lead in "Repo Man". There's a particular epithet that his character yells at the Rodriquez Brothers after their little race-duel in the LA river, that I still use on an almost daily basis with idiots on the road.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN2AXsF-kwc

Never saw or heard any of his musical performances but will have to change that.

He's gonna be missed.

#4: Re: Sorry to see him go. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:48 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
He was definitely unique and yeah he pretty much stole the screen (in a good way) no matter what the role.

Was also a great lead in "Repo Man". There's a particular epithet that his character yells at the Rodriquez Brothers after their little race-duel in the LA river, that I still use on an almost daily basis with idiots on the road.

Never saw or heard any of his musical performances but will have to change that.

He's gonna be missed.

"Boss Hawg's always intense!".....has a certain ring to it. Smile

#5: Re: Sorry to see him go. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:11 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

"Boss Hawg's always intense!".....has a certain ring to it. Smile

As does "G#@D*!# Dips&!# Gypsy Di&%@ Punks!" Mr. Green

#6: Re: Sorry to see him go. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:31 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

He's gonna be missed.

"Repo Man" was an awesome Stanton roll along with "Escape From New York" and "Paris Texas". Some of his musical talents can be seen in "Cool hand Luke". Knew Debbie Harry's song "Want that man" was about him but didn't realize they had also dated after the songs release. Also didn't realize he dated Rebecca De Mornay, he was 33 years her senior Just watched "Partly Fiction", a documentary on him from 2013. When asked why they broke up he replied "she ran off with Tom Cruise" Laughing

#7: Re: Sorry to see him go. Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:18 pm
    ----
Pardon my incredulity but you have got to be Sh!tt#ng Me! Debbie Harry? Of Blondie?

DAYUM......This guy was THE MAN!

"She ran off with Tom Cruise"... one HELL of a great excuse right there. I mean, I guess Shocked

#8: Re: Sorry to see him go. Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:58 pm
    ----
I can't think of a film where I disliked his performance.
RIP.

Wheels

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum