Schützenpanzerwagen 1944
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Schützenpanzerwagen 1944 Author: SPW38 PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:46 am
    ----
Help requested.
In September 1974, in one of the last AFV News before my subscription ran out, was this article. It has fascinated me ever since. In early 2001 -now with the benefit of a computer and the internet - I came across the German equivalent. Unfortunately I never kept a record of where I found it. Only in the last 2 years have I realised it was more important than the AFV News article. Was it a copy of the drawing referred to in the article coming from Feldgrau journal?
Does anyone have these journals and be willing to look through them? I would very much like a copy of the original article.

Then very recently someone posted some material from a periodical I was unaware of - Wehrtechnische Monatshelte. I’ll post more about this later. It included a photo of a wooden model of the same kind of vehicle.
Could this date from the war?

I’m in the process of producing scale drawings of this and related material

I realise I might be years to late asking for help on something that may or may not have existed on the drawing board and perhaps made it to a wooden mockup ( finished or not).

Any help would be gratefully received.

#2: Re: Schützenpanzerwagen 1944 Author: SPW38 PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:10 am
    ----
Further information on this website.....

www.secretprojects.co....ects.4100/

#3: Re: Schützenpanzerwagen 1944 Author: SPW38 PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:18 am
    ----
More information at this website....

www.valka.cz/-t217957#611204

#4: Re: Schützenpanzerwagen 1944 Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:28 pm
    ----
The Schützenpanzerwagen auf 38 (d), was one of the variety of late war designs, based upon the Jagdpanzer 38 running gear. Some further info here. www.secretprojects.co....ects.4100/
Part of the attempts by Germany to standardise models, components & equipment.

-> AFV News Discussion Board