New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#31: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:02 am
    ----
Surely you are not all waiting for the use of the coveted search engine? I expected more of you guys Wink Let's go, study study study!

#32: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:42 am
    ----
Realised I might have been a little over zealous.

Have already won one round, so need to give others a chance. Wink

#33: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:59 am
    ----
I seem to have thoroughly stumped you all... woo! LOL

Anyways, search engines are now open. I managed to find the answers to all my questions on my first search, so whoever searches first will win Wink

#34: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:32 pm
    ----
Rolling Eyes
XcalibeR,

I'm an unbiased bystander and as one of the admins of this site do not participate in any lotteries, raffles or other quizes to maintain my neutral status.

As the english lenguage is not my native, could you maybe enlighten or clarify the following text addition to your post to me and the audience here ?

Quote:
Winner must be a member of Com-Central.net, age between 2 months and 106 and 3/4 years.
XcalibeR (herein known as me, I, or any like term), shall not send the said prize until the Winner has submitted the next trivia question for consideration by the Com-Central.net users.
Much thought has been put into this question, alright, not that much, but still you'd better appriciate it.
Even if the Winner does put up another question, that does not mean he or she will recieve the said prize immediatly.
What do you expect people?
Seriously though, I'm gonna wait till the newsletter that has all the reported safety incidents and occurences comes out, which may be a month or two, cause that one is always more interesting to read.
I don't think it will be that long though.
Also, I havn't sent anything internationally before.
If the Winner lives somewhere other than the US, someone's gotta tell me if it require's any additional paperwork/stamps/etc.
If it does, I would hope someone in the US that is more knowledgable about these things can act as a middle man, since I'm a poor college kid.
That way I could just mail the bounty to you, then you can forward it to the winner.
Wee, now multiple people can share in the prize!
Anyways, all procedes go to benefit the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Would Like To Do Other Things Good Too foundation... group... thing.
In other words, this doesn't cost a thing, so follow the rules and nobody gets any money.
Nobody gets money even if you don't follow the rules.
Whatever.
Blah.
Have you actually read this far through the fine print?

end of Quote

to answer your final question, yes I have read the "fine print", but as remarked previously, the "english" lenguage is not my native.

So my question to you is :

could you translate this "Lawyers" jibberish into a form that even I can understand what you trying to say here ??

a remark I do have is the "age limit" :

Com-Central does not accept members younger than 13 years of age on the lower end of the age scale, the upper side of the age scale is unlimited.

Hope to have informed you to satisfaction and politely ask you to adapt the text of your "quiz" fine print.

Uhu_Fledermaus
admin
Laughing

#35: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:55 am
    ----
Do you guys need more help? Shouldn't be that hard... Confused

#36: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:44 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes

As I tougt , my english ain't that good that you could get the humor of it.

my post was ment ironically, but as said..................idiom mixup

fled
Laughing

#37: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:09 pm
    ----
LOL,

I think X was referring to mental age Fled...

Mr. Green Mr. Green

#38: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:15 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Rolling Eyes

As I tougt , my english ain't that good that you could get the humor of it.

my post was ment ironically, but as said..................idiom mixup

fled
Laughing

naw, I got it, that's why I didn't respond to it Wink I was surprised that it took that long for someone to say something about the fine print Wink

I'm just surprised no one has answered yet. It's really not that hard to find the answer to.

#39: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:36 pm
    ----
Figured I should lay off and let others win but if someone doesn't answer soon I'll have to take it. Laughing

#40: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:48 pm
    ----
Alright guys, this is pathetic. Am I gonna have to put a link to the answer to get anyone to guess?

#41: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:00 am
    ----
Alright, I've got the prize now. Now all I need is a winner to send it to.

EDIT: By the way, I looked through the safety violations and incident list, this week is especially good Wink Much more interesting stuff than usual.

#42: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: IMS_JoseCuervoLocation: NEW YORK,PARIS,LONDON,FADETTE PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:06 pm
    ----
1. AGL (ground level)
2. Acretion
3.frost (active)

(CH3CHOHCH2OH) PROPYLENE GLYCOL
(HOCH2CH2OH) ETHYLENE GLYCOL

Chew on that! LOL from a former Colorado Springs wannabe, terrible eyesight fixed all that though. Cheers

#43: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:03 pm
    ----
- IMS_JoseCuervo
1. AGL (ground level)
2. Acretion
3.frost (active)

(CH3CHOHCH2OH) PROPYLENE GLYCOL
(HOCH2CH2OH) ETHYLENE GLYCOL

Chew on that! LOL from a former Colorado Springs wannabe, terrible eyesight fixed all that though. Cheers

Finally, someone had the courage to guess Wink

But sorry, wrong answers (Well, to my question, though undoubtedly you could make a case for all those being valid to the broader topic). Remember, we're looking for structural aircraft icing types (maybe I should be specific and say in-flight icing?), not how or where it occurs. Also, for the extra credit, while you are correct on the chemical part, it's "in-flight equipment", not on-ground chemicals Wink

Great guesses though, you should probably get a few approach charts just for that Mr. Green

#44: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:53 pm
    ----
Well, since no one seems to want to answer, I'll make it easier and point you right at the answer Wink

www.aopa.org/asf/publi...s/sa11.pdf

And a hint for the winner, don't restrict where people are allowed to look, it seems they don't like such limitations Wink

#45: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:45 pm
    ----
Alright, this'll be my last post about this, just wanted to point out that it's been just under a month since I first posted the question, was hoping someone would have gotten it by now Confused

-> Officer's Club