Baseball
-> Officer's Club

#1: Baseball Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:06 am
    ----
Albert Pujols! Holy friggin cow! What a shot! The guy is the best of the best! Wow!

Go Cards!

S~

#2: Re: Baseball Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:01 pm
    ----
and in other news today, HOCKEY IS BACK......!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol seriously.....that was a huge jack by him ......good to keep em alive another day Mr. Green

#3: Re: Baseball Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:17 pm
    ----
- Combat
Albert Pujols! Holy friggin cow! What a shot! The guy is the best of the best! Wow!

Go Cards!

S~

Oh, alllriiiggghhhttt......

Bummed about Braves (but expected it), bummed about the Angels (but LA's messin' with the name cursed 'em)...so why not...GO CARDS!!!!

Oh yeah.....interesting that you mentioned Yoggi Berra's book elsehwre, Combat....I never realized until reading it that he hailed from St. Louis....so, okay....GO CARDS!!!!!

#4: Re: Baseball Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:46 pm
    ----
yup Yogi is a was always looking to be on the Cards I think!

Till of course he became a Yankee! That's just such a great book ain't it Stoop! lol My 11yr old actually used it for one of his summer reading books heading into middle school this year. I think his teacher was kinda impressed on his choice! lol

and in other news today, HOCKEY IS BACK......!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesssirrr! Hockey is back! And man do I love hockey!

Here is a nice hockey clip for the hockey fans!
www.mytakeonthings.com...yfight.wmv

The guys going at it in the hockey clip remind me of the twin engine dogfights Ascout and Stoopy used to host back in CFS3! lol Flying them P38's my wrist would swell up and need ice for about 3 hours after the game! lol

#5: Re: Baseball Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:13 pm
    ----
Moved to the Hockey thread

Last edited by XcalibeR on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Baseball Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:06 pm
    ----
hmm, I sure am hoping there is at least a few astros fans among us....!!

#7: Re: Baseball Author: Combat PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:27 pm
    ----

Well.....I am an Astros fan now! lol

Actually a National League fan! As much as I can't stand Clemens and Pettitte....Go Houston! Oswalt pitched an awesome game. I am looking forward to watching the Series!

They deserve to be there! Hope they do it! White Sox are cursed forever!

S~

#8: Re: Baseball Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:08 pm
    ----
- Combat

Well.....I am an Astros fan now! lol

Actually a National League fan! As much as I can't stand Clemens and Pettitte....Go Houston! Oswalt pitched an awesome game. I am looking forward to watching the Series!

They deserve to be there! Hope they do it! White Sox are cursed forever!

S~

Oswald was strong as heck, no doubt about it. After Mulders pooched it twice in the third inning the writing was on the wall, unfortunately. Let's blow the out at third, and then throw a wild pitch to bring him home!

This year, I'm left wandering.....no one is going to the fall classic that I feel strongly about, either way. League-wise, well it's all baseball so I love it. City-wise, heck, I like Texans and Chicagoans both, they actually have a lot in common as good, basic friendly people. Both teams worked their way into the series, gotta appreciate that.

Why are the Sox cursed? Because of what Shoeless Joe and them did back in the 20's? And who do ya think the underdog will be? That's the side I always take, to make it interesting......

#9: Re: Baseball Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:14 pm
    ----
- Combat

The guys going at it in the hockey clip remind me of the twin engine dogfights Ascout and Stoopy used to host back in CFS3! lol Flying them P38's my wrist would swell up and need ice for about 3 hours after the game! lol

LMAO......I can see a diabolical, gratified smile spreading across Ascout's face right now, knowing his game setup inflicted real physical pain on his opponents afterwards!!....

When the virtual world brings temporary ligament and muscle damage into your body, well it just makes it all the more...special....don't it??!! Razz

#10: Re: Baseball Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:37 pm
    ----
Why are the Sox cursed? Because of what Shoeless Joe and them did back in the 20's? And who do ya think the underdog will be? That's the side I always take, to make it interesting......

I like to take the dogs too Stoop. But it's been since "throwing it" back in 1919 for the Sox and never ever been there before for the Astros so it's like a toss up! Bagwell and Biggio been waiting for many years over there in Houston so I gotta go with the Astros!

And Biggio is a Long Islander too! I wonder if he's a Ranger fan or an Islander fan??? hmmmmm?

#11: Re: Baseball Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:21 pm
    ----
Well the Astros are definetely the underdogs in this game... They started the season horribly and barely entered the playoffs as a wildcard team. Now, they are in the world series!

Lately everyones been going crazy around here and putting Astros signs up on just about anything they will stick on...

#12: Re: Baseball Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:22 pm
    ----
Lately everyones been going crazy around here and putting Astros signs up on just about anything they will stick on...

NOW WHAT?

Sheeesh! .......that was a quick Series!

#13: Re: Baseball Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:43 am
    ----
It went by so fast, I hardly got to see any of it!!!!!!! And it's the first time I've been home, and not on travel during the World Series, in YEARS! Shucks.

Well, Gotta hand it to the underdogs - they sure were....underdogs. Last year it was the Red Sox, now the White Sox, so as one sportscaster put it, it's been "bisoxual".

Who will be the third team to break their curse next year? Cubs???

#14: Re: Baseball Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:37 am
    ----
A series sweep in 4 games!! WOW!

I grew up in Chicago, so you know who I was hoping for. Wink

I watched all 4 games and yes, the LONG 3rd game which went over 5 hours and I have to tell you, it really could have went either way and at any time. I was really surprised at how hard and well these two teams played and figured it was going to the full 7 games.

Cheers to Houston and Chicago for keeping the 'nail biting' going and it was exciting to watch the Pro's in action...:D

-> Officer's Club