New Model Kit company....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New Model Kit company.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:58 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Stopped by to check out Terry Ashley's PMMS to see if there was anything new.

He is reporting that a new model company was displaying some items at the Nurenburg Toy Fair by the name of Hobby Bos.

There is a list of eight 1/35 kits, seventeen 1/48 kits and six 1/35 individual track link sets.

Five of the eight 1/35 kits are different versions of the Leo 2. One is a Delta Force FAV. Didn't someone else claim they were going to do that one?

The other two are M4 High Speed Tractors (early and late versions). It will be nice to have the correct prime mover to go with the AFV Club 155s and 8" how kits. Smile

The 1/48 kits almost looks like a copy of Trumpters 1/35 line up. Shermans, T-34s, KV-1 & 2s plus a LCM(3). Neutral

One item that seamed a bit odd to me is the track sets. One set is for a Cromwell. Correct me if I am wrong, but at this time, no one is making a 1/35 scale Cromwell. Confused

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#2: Re: New Model Kit company.... Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:12 am
    ----
OK,

you asked for it Wink Tamiya makes a 1/35 scale Cromwell and its offspring, the Centaur.

Jens O.
(who completely missed Hobby Bos at the Toy Fair)

#3: Re: New Model Kit company.... Author: Al_Bowie PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:04 am
    ----
Apart from the Cromwell Roy, you can use them on Crusaders (The new Italeri AA comes to mind). The Tamiya Cromwell is one of their best. Builds sweetly out of the box and is exceptionally well detailed.
DML once listed a FAV in two kits, Marines and Seals. They even commissioned excellent Ron Volstad artwork back in 93-4. It was never released
Cheers
AL

#4: Re: New Model Kit company.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:54 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

My BAD! The vehicle I was thinking about is the Comet. The vehicle that came after the Cromwell.

Thats what I call an alertness check to see if an one is paying attention to my foul up!

Jen and Al, you both passed the test!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board