bovington 2006
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: bovington 2006 Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:26 pm
    ----
more photos from bovington 2006
dennis

community.webshots.com...rowbridge5

#2: Re: bovington 2006 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:33 pm
    ----
Hi Jtrowbridge5! Hi Folks!

Thanks for sharing! Great set of photos!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: bovington 2006 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:13 pm
    ----
Ditto, great set of photos! Especially love the King Tiger interior pics, like this one:

Is the hatch now open on it or did you get special access? Seemed like you had to have taken the pic from the rear inside of the turret?

BTW, for viewers - be sure to click to page 5 for Dennis's new pics although the other albums are well worth looking at too!

Page 5

Neil

#4: Re: bovington 2006 Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:23 pm
    ----
thanks for the comment neil.
the back panel has been missing for years, as no one was around I climbed onto the rear deck [ a big no no at bovington ] not many people try the climb on bit, its a fair height from the floor
dennis

#5: Re: bovington 2006 - ID needed! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:37 pm
    ----
Some shots from Dennis' album of items in the Bovington storage lots:

Uh... WAG - Chieftain-based bridgelayer???

Looks like a Matilda I that was used as a range target?

Chieftain right? Anything special?

Looks like they move the wierd Soviet VISMOD Vickers tank - probably so people would stop asking about it!

Churchill Mk I hull, cant tell if the turret is original... Thats a 3-inch howitzer in the hull...

Okay, this one has me stumped... Looks sorta like a Valiant, but the front hull-shape isnt right (should be pointed). Whats up with the big piece of metal obscuring the driver's left-side view?

Really big turret with a dummy gun (at least I hope)... I'm stumped...

Neil

#6: Re: bovington 2006 Author: Rlangham PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:21 pm
    ----
Hi there, also posted on the missing links forum but don't know if you saw it. Is the Morris Light Recce Car in a good position to take photos of, and are any parts of the museum closed like it says on the website? Might go this week, hope I get to i've wanted to go for years.

#7: Re: bovington 2006 Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:49 pm
    ----
neil, Ithink the churcill hull and turret are original the turret seems to be rusted to the hull,the unusual tank in the last few photos is a centurion target tank

#8: Re: bovington 2006 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:01 pm
    ----
Okay, I guess that makes sense - re: Centurion.

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board