AFV Quiz
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AFV Quiz Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:54 am
    ----

No, not the M60, anyone guess what's behind it.

Joe D

#2: Re: AFV Quiz Author: oldtop PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:14 am
    ----
Sgt York

#3: Re: AFV Quiz Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:40 am
    ----
Yep,
Good eye, was it the radar or the 40mm gun that gave it away??

Welcome back again,
Joe D

#4: Re: AFV Quiz Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:05 am
    ----
Damn good quiz, I never saw the "York" peeking above the M60. Where was this picture taken?

#5: Re: AFV Quiz Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:38 pm
    ----
Jeff,
The vehicle is at the National Gaurd Armory in Jamestown Tennessee.

Can anyone guess why it's here??? Should be easy.

I have a bunch of very detailed shots of this vehicle if anyone needs a particular area. I also have the serial numbers.

Joe D

#6: Re: AFV Quiz Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:54 pm
    ----
I'd love to see some more views of this vehicle.

Neil

#7: Re: AFV Quiz Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:19 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Jeff,
The vehicle is at the National Gaurd Armory in Jamestown Tennessee.

Can anyone guess why it's here??? Should be easy.

I have a bunch of very detailed shots of this vehicle if anyone needs a particular area. I also have the serial numbers.

Joe D

YUP...278 ACR. Peers had told me, that was there.

Isn't that Alvin Yorks 'neck of the woods?'

#8: Re: AFV Quiz Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:22 pm
    ----
This vehicle reminds me of the good-old-days when Tamiya used to take chances. In quick succession they produced the Sgt York, the Humvee with roof-mounted 20mm gun, and an odd ambulance(?) Humvee with raised rear end, none of which ever actually made it into U.S. service. Ouch! That must've smarted for them.

#9: Re: AFV Quiz Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:33 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Yeah! Me too!

#10: Re: AFV Quiz Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:02 pm
    ----
- JeffStringer
- Neil_Baumgardner

Neil

Yeah! Me too!

Me three!!

#11: Re: AFV Quiz Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:25 pm
    ----
Ok, Ok,
Let me get home first, BTW, they have 2, one at the armory, the other at the SGT York museum. I have 59 detailed shots of the exterior. I will post the general ones, any area in particular ask. I will try to post by thursday. Sorry, I am on the road and the only high speed wireless I have is when I park at a hotel and "borrow" theirs. In fact that's what I'm doing now.

Joe D

#12: Re: AFV Quiz Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:16 pm
    ----
Here are some more "Hollywood" shots. Any other areas of interest, please ask. I took pictures of every exterior area except underneath. I will also be back in that area in the next 2-3 weeks if I don't have what you need. I now travel with a camera all the time, Jeff has the right idea.

Front

Right side

Rear

Left front tow eye serial number A1D320

Left rear hull serial number A1D320

Enjoy all,

Joe D

#13: Re: AFV Quiz Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:49 pm
    ----
- mike_Duplessis
This vehicle reminds me of the good-old-days when Tamiya used to take chances. In quick succession they produced the Sgt York, the Humvee with roof-mounted 20mm gun, and an odd ambulance(?) Humvee with raised rear end, none of which ever actually made it into U.S. service. Ouch! That must've smarted for them.
I don't recall Tamiya doing an Ambulance HMMWV? Is it the Desert Patrol HMMWV Italeri did? Believe it or not, the Tamiya M242 Bushmaster HMMWV is actually the original Italeri HMMWV kit inside (Italeri retooled their HMMWV chassis at least three times). Even the hardtop and bushmaster setup is made by Italeri.

#14: Re: AFV Quiz Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:06 pm
    ----
"Is it the Desert Patrol HMMWV Italeri did?"

Considering we might be talking 20+ years since I built that kit you may be right. 'Desert patrol' sounds right - but dang, i was sure it was Tamiya (mistakenly I guess!).

(You'll notice I finally got my own little Avatar pict after all this time)

#15: Re: AFV Quiz Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:18 pm
    ----
I did an article a few years ago on the Italeri HMMWVs (before the new Tamiya M1025 and M1046 were available). I was surprised after cracking open boxes from Testors, Italeri, Tamiya and Revell of Germany that all of them were basically the same truck kit with just a different sprue that build up the hardtop, softtop or weapons station.

I was equally surprised to see that the body sides had gone through some retooling throughout the past 20 years.

I still wished they'd have retooled their tires though.

-> AFV News Discussion Board