WooHoo! Got an X-52
-> Officer's Club

#1: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:41 pm
    ----
The title says all...

#2: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:19 pm
    ----
:jump:...

#3: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:39 am
    ----
cograts!

#4: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:40 am
    ----
Its a good stick.. i have one myself as you know battlehawk. Takes a bit of time to get used to.. but its great once you get the hang of it!

#5: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:31 am
    ----
I've had one for a few months... still hit wrong buttons all the time

Confused

Is nice having them though, even if they do keep finding their way under the wrong finger.

#6: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:15 am
    ----
yeah yeah,,,,,,,a joystick is a joystick,,,,,, Rolling Eyes

of course I also have one,,,,,I only bought it for the pretty blue lights though,,,,,lol

,,,,,,seriously though,,,,good choice bud Mr. Green

#7: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:56 pm
    ----
Great Stick. I have had mine now for better than a year with no problems.

The only mod I made to it, was to slit one of the 3/8" thick foam rings that come with blank DVD's, and put it between the spring and rocker. This adds a little more resistance to the stick throw. Helps quite a bit for lining up the shot if you find it a little sloppy by comparison to other sticks.

#8: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:04 pm
    ----
LOL Biz, I was going to do the same thing as the 'centering' feels a bit too loose IMO... Wink

#9: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:47 pm
    ----

the best joystick ever Shocked
to bad they don't make em anymore.....
I went through like 4 of them back in the day... Cool

#10: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:20 pm
    ----
Only four Needa?!?!?
Wink

I'm still using me trusty ole FB2 (#13).
Cost me as much 2nd hand on ebay as I paid for the 1st one when it was new.
It's lasted me these past 3 years and I called it "Mo".
Previous incarnations have been named; "Boon", "Sweep", "Rilla", "Vines", and "Brit" (depending on each one's first blood).
Hehe

Wink

#11: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:03 pm
    ----
I keep tellin' ya... no one listens...

CH Products. Flightstick Pro.

Not so many little buttons and toggles and switches and lights and things that go "ping"...but an honest solid stick with the FINEST pots in the world. PRECISE. The one button that counts (the one that fires them MG's and Cannon) was coupled to a stick that allowed ya to put them bullets right 'tween your opponent's eyes at 1 mile out.

The one I bought back in 1990 still works as good as ever, but was retired (along with the rudder pedals) a year ago due to it not being USB, and my new rig not having a 15-pin Sub-D game port.

USB version is like $99 and someday soon.... when I can also get the $199 USB rudder pedals that go with it.... Sad

#12: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:51 pm
    ----
I did used to own a CH stick (in '98, can't remember which now).
But mine didn't have the range of movement that M$ alternatives have.
The difference was immediately apparent as soon as I tried my first Sidewinder.
The throttle didn't give 100% either.
No idea why though.
Dunno bout the US but CH are damned expensive over here for what they are Stoops.
Smile

#13: Re: WooHoo! Got an X-52 Author: JG27_Tanker PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:17 pm
    ----
I have the X-52 but I'm hooked on FFB soooo I combind my M$ FFB II with the X-52 throttle.

~S~ Tank

-> Officer's Club