"CROWS" on the Abrams
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: "CROWS" on the Abrams Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:21 am
    ----
Anybody seen pictures of this? Guess they only have it at Fort Bliss.

Roy, Need a Spot Report!

www4.army.mil/ocpa/pri...d_key=9008

#2: Re: "CROWS" on the Abrams Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:42 am
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

- MarkHolloway

Anybody seen pictures of this? Guess they only have it at Fort Bliss.

Roy, Need a Spot Report!

For some info on the CROWS system, which I think is one of the TUSK items for upgrading the Abrams for urban combat.

www.strategypage.com/g...541021.asp

Sorry, I have not seem them yet! So far I have not spotted any Abrams tanks around the main post/Biggs Field area. My guess is all of them are out at Dona Anna Base Camp.

The other week when I was out at the Camp area, I saw a number of M1A2s in a motor pool, but those vehicles DIDN'T have the CROWS system installed.

The article says "D Company". It maybe that is the only company that has them and possible they were added after I was out at Dona Anna. It could also be those were out at Range 40 that day.

Very interesting! Eyes Open! Camera Ready!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Tue May 16, 2006 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: "CROWS" on the Abrams Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:56 am
    ----
WOW, Cool...

That's MY old unit in 99-01. I 'owned' 3rd Platoon. In 01, after my PCS, all the D Co's were deactivated.

Nice to see Delta 'Dragons' is back, with new 'toys'. Cool

BTW: D 34 (my baby...) was 'Dangerous Toys 2'.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board