M60A3
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60A3 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:28 pm
    ----
Howdy everyone,
I'm back on the road again, change of plans again. Here's an M60A3 serial number 8111 in Sikeston Missouri. Took it 2 days ago. Pretty cool display. I'd post more but I'm on dial up right now.

Joe D

#2: Re: M60A3 Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:34 pm
    ----
Thats a great way to display some of those old warriors. Looks like its got new tracks too!

#3: Re: M60A3 Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:07 am
    ----
Same tracks that were on the A3s used by USAREUR up to 1989 when we transitioned to M1A1s.

#4: Re: M60A3 Author: binder001 PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:01 am
    ----
Very impressive way to display a tank!

I probably missed it, but where do you find the s/n on an M60A3? How about on the original M60s?

Gary

#5: Re: M60A3 Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:09 am
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
My experiance with M60's is that the front right tow lug as you look head-on at the vehicle, is where you'll find the stamped number. Also on the left rear deck area, right above the fender, you'll find two numbers stamped in, on the hull and the engine access cover. Sometimes the USA # is stamped there as well. I have also seen the USA number stamped into the front hull area, right above the leading edge on the hull, above the tow lug I just mentioned. I might have more / specific pictures if I can find them. These pictures are of the M60 thats sits at the Barstow Veterans Home, here by Ft Irwin.

#6: Re: M60A3 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:21 am
    ----
On the M-60 in Thurmont MD I also found it on the front glacias near the headlight guards. The serial was on one side the registraation (USA number) was on the other

#7: Re: M60A3 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:11 am
    ----
M60A1's and A3's somehow wear that "traversed turret" stance particularly well...it's nice to see them displayed with the gun other than straight ahead.

#8: Re: M60A3 Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:38 pm
    ----
Since some time I try to collect info about preserved main battle tanks, maybe some of you are interested in the list I have with tanks in the USA?

regards
Lesley

#9: Re: M60A3 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:45 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Since some time I try to collect info about preserved main battle tanks, maybe some of you are interested in the list I have with tanks in the USA?

regards
Lesley

Absolutely, Lesley....in fact, feel free to start a new thread for it! (and not just "for the USA" either...anything you have is of interest, whereever it is)

#10: Re: M60A3 Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:50 pm
    ----
Mr. Delsing,
I would be very interested in that serial number listing. I have been putting together a list of my own. I don't care much for the foriegn stuff but definitely the U.S. stuff.

-> AFV News Discussion Board